Silvy and Carmen question today

EvilJester99

Would you rather have Garland or Prior  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have Garland or Prior

• Garland
    • Prior

Garland is a work horse....how many innings has he pitched in his 5 years? Then how many has Prior pitched in his career? I haven't been a big fan of Garland but you have to appreciate the innings he can give you. Garland 818 IP and Prior 465 IP with Gar having I believe 1 year more service. According to ESPN.

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
Attitude is my reason for picking Garland. I would rather have someone who is thankful for their talent and opportunity that a self centered asshole who feels he's is owed something because of his talent.

Prior is a big time asshole, no doubt. His skills are bad-ass though. I hope Jonny boy is just starting up his hall-of-fame career. We'll find out.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
Attitude is my reason for picking Garland. I would rather have someone who is thankful for their talent and opportunity that a self centered asshole who feels he's is owed something because of his talent.

Agreed. Attitude can go along way with team mates. Either positive or negative. In this case you have two califonia boys with drastically different attitudes towards others.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
Agreed. Attitude can go along way with team mates. Either positive or negative. In this case you have two califonia boys with drastically different attitudes towards others.

No one knows what kinda teammates either of these guys are. And I don't know if any of you remember Garland talking s*** about us fans.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
Prior is a big time asshole, no doubt.  His skills are bad-ass though.  I hope Jonny boy is just starting up his hall-of-fame career.  We'll find out.

I've met both and based on my experience, thought they were both kinda jerky. Then again, so are most athletes I've met. Luckily, it's field play that matters. :huh

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
No one knows what kinda teammates either of these guys are.  And I don't know if any of you remember Garland talking s*** about us fans.

Some people know some of the team mates as well as other people in the locker rooms. When Garland was getting booed for past performances, rightfully so, people can lose thier temper through frustration.

I would never have thought this 6 weeks ago, but this has become a tough question. Garland has been healthier, and he seems to be coming into his own. Prior has been worked hard by Dusty, and his health seems to have suffered for it. Give them both the same degree of health and you'd have to say Prior is the guy, but in the real world, based on what we know right now, I had to vote for Garland.

QUOTE(WSFAN35 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
No one knows what kinda teammates either of these guys are.  And I don't know if any of you remember Garland talking s*** about us fans.

I know what their teammates say about them. That's good enough for me.

QUOTE(shakes @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 01:00 PM)
Prior has top three stuff in the league.

I disagree with that. Anyways, Jon has been great and I hope he continues but Prior's still obviously the better pitcher so I still say Prior's the choice to make here.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
Judy dressing down Paul Konerko for making an error when he pitched: great guy. If you would take Garland over Prior then you need to put the brew down.

Getting real sick and tired of people getting s*** on for having different opinions. To say you'd take other fine.. but crapping on others is getting regoddamndiculous around here. JMO..

Getting real sick and tired of people getting s*** on for having different opinions. To say you'd take other fine.. but crapping on others is getting regoddamndiculous around here. JMO..

I think your opinion of other people's opinions sucks!!

:lol:

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 04:56 PM)
Just curious, what were the reasons for those who picked Garland? He hasn't been injured.....and?

...my bias for the Sox over anything that has anything to do with the Cubs far overrides any rational thought.

:)