If the Cubs were 16-4

Winnin Ugly

I actually like it better when people don't talk about our team, because these people know absolutely nothing about our teams.

For example -- the other day, Bill Plashcke said that we're the reason we're winning is because of pitching and defense -- which is true, but the second part was funny -- and he said that we were constructed this way because we needed to fit the constructions of our ballpark.

Then, I heard someone (yesterday, I think) said that we were winning in spite of our bullpen. I laughed when I heard that, because other than Vizcaino being left out to dry, our bullpen has been great.

Then, just a few minutes ago, Gammons was talking about our bullpen, and said that Damaso Marte is now our closer. Hello?!?! Shingo had a save this weekend, and Hermy had some saves a week ago. It's close by committee. And, what pissed me off most is that Marte is now pitching like he did three years ago -- like he was crap the past two years.

I know it's petty things that I'm b****ing about, but I'd rather they keep talking about the Yankees and the Sawks. I enjoy the pub we're getting, but most of these guys don't know half as much as the people here know...

I am not jealous of the Cubs, why would you be? Someone I know from college, who has never cared about baseball (knows Ted Williams as the frozen guy rather than the .400 guy, Mickey who?, has no idea Kerry Wood ever struck out 20 batters in a game, or even why that would be important) is obsessed about getting Cubs tickets every year. Would you rather be with people like that, or people like these?

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Not a big deal to me. I'd rather hear about the Cubs blowing it than the White Sox having success.

INDEED! as much as I loVE the White sox winning "SOX WIN,CUBS LOSE, A PERFECT DAY!" i am almost as appy to hear the cubs lose. If the cubs were 16-4 it wouldnt hit me too hard considering ive been dealing with white sox failure and cubs success all my life. :gosox4:

QUOTE(SoufSideHitMen @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
INDEED! as much as I loVE the White sox winning "SOX WIN,CUBS LOSE, A PERFECT DAY!" i am almost as appy to hear the cubs lose. If the cubs were 16-4 it wouldnt hit me too hard considering ive been dealing with white sox failure and cubs success all my life. :gosox4:

:huh:

Oh? In my life time the Sox are 4247 and 3989, thats 258 over, The blue vermin are 3870 and 4359, 489 under.

If you are, say, 15 the numbers Sox are 1260 and 1121 +139. The head lice are 1146 and 1235 -89.

One of the reason worm fans get so excited is they have no tradition of winning. When they do anything competetive it really is news.

QUOTE(SoufSideHitMen @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)

How long have you been alive?? 6 years?

QUOTE(SoufSideHitMen @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)

WTF are you talking about?! are you high? really? :snow

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
How long have you been alive??  6 years?

Even that won't do it. Over the past 6 seasons and the start of this year The White Sox are 599 and 554 +45. The algae are 564 and 590 -26.

BTW, Welcome to SoxTalk! :D :D

QUOTE(SoufSideHitMen @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)

Were you born in 2003? Then died later that year?