Sox @ A's 4-27-05

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
Agree, good post.

Farmer and Harrelson have both mentioned the Sox have had 4 guys get plunked vs. the A's zero.  They rarely make casual observations about that kind of stuff, IMO they're suggesting to even things up at the right time and place.

The Ozuna plunking wasn't intentional, Pablo kinda turned right into the pitch.  The Everett plunking was very obvious and merits payback.

If I remember both times Ozuna has gotten hit this series he's turned into the ball rather than away from it. That's happened a bunch of times this season, hopefully they'll stop hitting themselves in the hands and s*** otherwise our players are gonna start getting injured big time. I think Uribe got hit in a similar fashion.

At the time, I was glad that Jurassic didn't charge Harden b/c the A's were playin like s*** and to get them goin woulda been a bad thing. However, payback is clearly due.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 06:58 AM)
I thought Carl was going to go kick his ass for it too.  He sure had a lot to say to whoever would listen after he got hit.

But on the other hand, Harden did his business like a pro.  He didn't headhunt Carl, instead he plunked him in the middle section of his body, and didn't give him that 97 mph fastball to do it with.

Actually I think the pitch was 95-97 range, pretty sure that what I remember seeing the gun at after the ball hit Jurassic right in the ass

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
That's a good point about the Marte thing. If it was in retaliation for that, we are even and don't need to drill anyone.

I guess you can say that but Marte's was not intentional and Harden's was.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
I agree, but it doesn't matter. I'd expect one of our guys to plunk them if they broke say Crede's hand. Now it's even.

They've hit 4 freaking guys this series and a couple in the hand you'd think that would be enough.

If the Sox are way ahead in the last couple of innings, then they better hit one of the A's batters. I agree you don't want to do anything that could risk the game, but there is no possible way you could say we are even. Last year's team and this year's team are completely different. We need to prove to the league that we aren't soft anymore, and this is the best way to do it. If Cotts or Politte come out in the 7th or 8th inning with a four run lead or better, then they better hit an A, preferably Chavez just to make it that much clearer.

I just noticed the game thread didn't have the line up in it. This is one for the ages, and must go into the archives

Scott Podsednik, LF

Willie Harris, 2B

Carl Everett, DH

Paul Konerko, 1B

Jermaine Dye, RF

Aaron Rowand, CF

A.J. Pierzynski, C

Chris Widger, 3B

Joe Crede, SS

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
I just noticed the game thread didn't have the line up in it.  This is one for the ages, and must go into the archives

Scott Podsednik, LF

Willie Harris, 2B

Carl Everett, DH

Paul Konerko, 1B

Jermaine Dye, RF

Aaron Rowand, CF

A.J. Pierzynski, C

Chris Widger, 3B

Joe Crede, SS

Yes. Very strange. Why not put Iguchi at SS, than the lead-footed Crede? And why have Willie as your emergency SS if you're not gonna use him in an emergency?

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
Yes.  Very strange.  Why not put Iguchi at SS, than the lead-footed Crede?  And why have Willie as your emergency SS if you're not gonna use him in an emergency?

Iguchi is hurt from getting rolled twice yesterday on DPs.