Allow me to be a Positive Voice...

RibbieRubarb

Yes, it was an ugly game on both sides.

Yes we lost.

But there are always games like this.

Hell even the 116 game winning Mariners of 2001 had games like this.

They blew a 12 run lead to the Indians in one game.

I know some will see this loss and it will jusitfy their doom and gloom thoughts on the team.

But a good team always bounces back from a tough loss.

So.

If we win tomorrow...

We would have had a 7-1 road trip..pretty damn good.

Still have not lost a series this season...pretty amazing.

Still own the best record in MLB.

Still have a 4 game lead on the Twins, maybe more if they lose.

There are a lot of positive things to see.

Shrug it off and let's kick some ASS tomorrow!!!

:gosox1:

We scored 7 runs off of Harden. I was half expecting to lose tonight simply because he was pitching, I'm encouraged by the fact that the Sox once again determined the outcome of this game, not the opponents. This is the kind of game where Ozzie's joking around in the clubhouse becomes invaluable...I'll be the music is blaring in that visitor's clubhouse right now.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
We scored 7 runs off of Harden.  I was half expecting to lose tonight simply because he was pitching, I'm encouraged by the fact that the Sox once again determined the outcome of this game, not the opponents.  This is the kind of game where Ozzie's joking around in the clubhouse becomes invaluable...I'll be the music is blaring in that visitor's clubhouse right now.

Look at it this way. This was a giveback for that 4 error stinker we had in KC.

I'm glad there's one of these posts instead of all negative crap.

We let one slip away...we beat ourselves...it happens.

We have Freddy going tomorrow against a team that is still struggling at the plate and a pitcher against us that has a 6.3 ERA.

We have a good shot at another series win....Let's get it done!!!!!!!

:gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox4: :gosox1:

I agree, I would be thrilled if I heard we would be 16-5. BUT ... we haven't exactly played the best baseball in the last 4 games. We should have lost Sunday and yesterday. We need to get our regular lineup in there every day for a while and we'll be fine. Today will be an important game.

Maybe someone can tell Dye that he left his keys back in the locker room when they are all leaving today and then all run out the door and get on the bus and leave him there.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 08:59 AM)
I think the Sox will remember last night's game and learn from it.    It might be a turning point that propels us to even higher levels of play.  This team seems to have a lot of fight, I think it might fire them up.  Now lets' take 2 of 3, c'mon Freddy no HR derby.

I hope so, just for the sake of SoxTalk. You'd think we were 0-21 with the b**** fest that took place last night.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 08:01 AM)
I hope so, just for the sake of SoxTalk.  You'd think we were 0-21 with the b**** fest that took place last night.

If we would have lost on something simple like a walk off HR or got totally blown out it wouldn't have been as bad. We got screwed over 6 ways from Sunday from the umps and the errors were totally nasty and we kept coming back only to blow the lead again. Games like that build up a lot of frustration & people gotta vent somehow.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:30 AM)
If we would have lost on something simple like a walk off HR or got totally blown out it wouldn't have been as bad.  We got screwed over 6 ways from Sunday from the umps and the errors were totally nasty and we kept coming back only to blow the lead again.  Games like that build up a lot of frustration & people gotta vent somehow.

Who are you kidding? If we would have gotten "Koch-ed" this board would have been just as ballistic.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
I hope so, just for the sake of SoxTalk.  You'd think we were 0-21 with the b**** fest that took place last night.

I have to admit.. I thought about getting on the board last night but knew that is exactly what was happening.

Some of you need to reeeelllaaaxxxx.. ;)

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
I dont think the game thread would have topped 1000 posts of flaming carnage though.

:lol:

Good point. Last night's misery was kind of dragged out. A slow painful death ... I mean game. Being Koch-ed would been more like an unexpected kick in the nuts.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:36 AM)
I have to admit.. I thought about getting on the board last night but knew that is exactly what was happening.

Some of you need to reeeelllaaaxxxx..  ;)

Heck I was relucant to get on here today... I guess us work-timers are a little more levelheaded... :D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
Heck I was relucant to get on here today...  I guess us work-timers are a little more levelheaded... :D

I usually read game threads from start to finish. Not last night. No way in hell. :)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
Heck I was relucant to get on here today...  I guess us work-timers are a little more levelheaded... :D

85% of the f***ing world works at night!!! The other 15% come here!!!

A playground for the cock suckers!!!!

RIP EM!!!!!!!

RIP THOSE COCKY COCK SUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
I usually read game threads from start to finish.  Not last night.  No way in hell. :)

I usually read it in the morning after I work out.. I passed on it today though as well. :ph34r: