Allow me to be a Positive Voice...

RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 08:44 AM)
We lost, we blew it, it happens.  Lets go get em today.  I want to see us win the series and get ready to kick the Magg-less Tigers this weekend.  Go Sox!  :gosox1:

I'm not even worried about that series. They'll be at home, fresh off an off day and regardless of the outcome of todays game they'll be coming off an awesome road trip.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
Jermaine Dye looks like he spent more time lining up his cars for MTV's Cribs than he did getting ready for the season.

Just as Dye looked more focused on a few at bats last night, he s*** his skirt in the field. He is my biggest concern right now, looks flat, lazy and distracted.

Side note: For a supposed 'hard ass', Ozzie sure is afraid of umps. Didn't argue the balk on Marte or the play the plate and we got screwed on both. I think he might have come out when Carl got drilled.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 08:51 AM)
Just as Dye looked more focused on a few at bats last night, he s*** his skirt in the filed. He is my biggest concern right now, looks flat, lazy and distracted.

Side note:  For a supposed 'hard ass', Ozzie sure is afraid of umps.  Didn't argue the balk on Marte or the play the plate and we got screwed on both. I think he might have come out when Carl got drilled.

I was all over Oz for that one in the chat last night. Any other manager save for Jerry Manuel would have been right up in that Umps face screaming his fool head off. I know Hawk went ballistic after that call and it looked like total BS to me too.

I fell asleep after the 8th inning. When the alarm went off this morning I fell asleep for a few minutes and had a dream (which I thought was real for a few minutes) that Sox came back and won 11-9. After Brian left, I fired up the puter to check the score cuz I still didn't know if it was the radio or I was dreaming. Alas, I was dreaming and out of morbid curiousity I surfed here for a few minutes before going back to sleep. Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

GO SOX! (since I most likely won't see any of the game)

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
Alas, I was dreaming and out of morbid curiousity I surfed here for a few minutes before going back to sleep.  Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

WOW! It was about as nasty in here last night as I ever remember it being. What WERE you expecting?

:huh:

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 02:53 PM)
I was all over Oz for that one in the chat last night.  Any other manager save for Jerry Manuel would have been right up in that Umps face screaming his fool head off.  I know Hawk went ballistic after that call and it looked like total BS to me too.

I mean an ump is very, very rarely gonna reverse a call, that's not the goal. But he might feel like he owes you one on the next close call. You see that a lot.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
I fell asleep after the 8th inning.  When the alarm went off this morning I fell asleep for a few minutes and had a dream (which I thought was real for a few minutes) that Sox came back and won 11-9.  After Brian left, I fired up the puter to check the score cuz I still didn't know if it was the radio or I was dreaming.  Alas, I was dreaming and out of morbid curiousity I surfed here for a few minutes before going back to sleep.  Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

GO SOX! (since I most likely won't see any of the game)

The last two nights I left gamecast running on my computer and when I woke up, I looked up the score.

You could see Guillen on the bench after the balk saying "I didn't see it" - Greg Walker was next to him. The bench didn't look too upset. Seemed like a ticky tack call to me but both the 1st and 3rd base umpires saw it.

I was a little dismayed he didn't come out and argue the Widger tag play at home plate. Both Buehrle and Widger were upset with the safe call. There are pros and cons for the manager coming out to protest every close call that goes against you.

Like Ozzie says, "go home, get drunk, come out and play again..."

Seriously, there's going to be wild games like that one, it happens...

That was just an ugly game on both sides, and Oakland came out on top...

That balk call was bulls***, and Widger had that runner at home plate.

Those are my thoughts.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
You could see Guillen on the bench after the balk saying "I didn't see it" - Greg Walker was next to him.  The bench didn't look too upset.  Seemed like a ticky tack call to me but both the 1st and 3rd base umpires saw it.

I was a little dismayed he didn't come out and argue the Widger tag play at home plate.  Both Buehrle and Widger were upset with the safe call.  There are pros and cons for the manager coming out to protest every close call that goes against you.

Good points, every call is bad, but last night, he had TWO legit beefs. On the balk, the hitter stepped out 1st, NO doubt.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
I'm not even worried about that series.  They'll be at home, fresh off an off day and regardless of the outcome of todays game they'll be coming off an awesome road trip.

Who are you .. and what the hell did you do with Nuke?

You guys should have heard the call I just got from quickman ... :bang :lol:

"I'm not a fan anymore, I'm not going to any more games, these guys are pieces of s*** ... "

Get ready, all you younger guys will have friends like this one day.

And people wonder why I want to get an Angry Politte T-Shirt made up. :D :lol:

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:11 AM)
Who are you .. and what the hell did you do with Nuke?

I might bash the hell out of certain players when I feel they deserve it but I rarely hold grudges and I never post with the "sky is falling" mentality like some others around here.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
I might bash the hell out of certain players when I feel they deserve it but I rarely hold grudges and I never post with the "sky is falling" mentality like some others around here.

I know. You were doing some big time venting last night. I was just yanking your chain a bit.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
I know.  You were doing some big time venting last night.  I was just yanking your chain a bit.

LOL

Dude, I was so pissed at Dead last night I wanted to scream. It was all I could to keep my hands off the bottle of JD last night. Today is a new day.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
LOL

Dude,  I was so pissed at Dead last night I wanted to scream.  It was all I could to keep my hands off the bottle of JD last night.  Today is a new day.

ahhh Jack, a good ole friend always around to numb the pain.

Nuke, we will today, book it!

Line ups out yet?

Hate to lose a game like that, but it is just one game. Defensive sloppiness in 2 recent games is cause for concern though.

On the bright side, the offense had a nice game against a very tough pitcher.

It's good to see a positive thread around here. It can get annoying reading these posts there's so much negativity.

That game was frustrating, but bound to happen. Today will be a good day to judge the character on this team. The Sox haven't had a loss yet where they just played bad all around. Let's hope we bounce back today. A 7-1 road trip would be great!!!!!