Pierzynski's toe...

Jabroni

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 07:50 AM)
Yea.. really. Which is why one hurts and one doesn't. And why a man is a sissy baby if he cries when having a hole put in his toe nail.

I bet he cries when he get's his hair cut, too.  :crying

The difference between going through the nail and under the nail is that there are no pain nerves in the nail. The actual drilling doesn't hurt if you stop at the right time. Going under the nail is not advisable because the nail bed and skin have a high concentration of nerve fibers. This is why cutting your nails doesn't hurt unless you catch the skin.

QUOTE(ptatc @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
The difference between going through the nail and under the nail is that there are no pain nerves in the nail. The actual drilling doesn't hurt if you stop at the right time. Going under the nail is not advisable because the nail bed and skin have a high concentration of nerve fibers. This is why cutting your nails doesn't hurt unless you catch the skin.

Makes sense.

I can tell you that even after they shot up my toe to numb it (which was painful as hell on it's own) it still hurt like a MF'er to have it lifted off the meat and then yanked off.

Going through the nail to release presuure sounds painless.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
Makes sense.

I can tell you that even after they shot up my toe to numb it (which was painful as hell on it's own) it still hurt like a MF'er to have it lifted off the meat and then yanked off.

Going through the nail to release presuure sounds painless.

Haha yeah I had/have an ingrown toenail. They cut half the nail off after numbing it and then go to work on it. It grew back and became ingrown again. I'm too lazy to get it cut again, it's not that bad. I'm thinking something like that is annoying, but you would get used to it. Once your toes are in your shoes, you don't even think about it. AJ might run a tad slower, but he should be fine.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
Haha yeah I had/have an ingrown toenail. They cut half the nail off after numbing it and then go to work on it. It grew back and became ingrown again. I'm too lazy to get it cut again, it's not that bad. I'm thinking something like that is annoying, but you would get used to it. Once your toes are in your shoes, you don't even think about it. AJ might run a tad slower, but he should be fine.

I heard that now in some cases, they remove the nail and kill it somehow, so that it doesn't grow back. You never have an ingrown again, but I bet you have one ugly ass toe.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
I heard that now in some cases, they remove the nail and kill it somehow, so that it doesn't grow back. You never have an ingrown again, but I bet you have one ugly ass toe.

Yeah, both are true. :bang My pediatrician said that if it keeps coming back that is a possibility, but he doesn't recommend it unless it comes back 3 or more times. It's actually both big toes, lol.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
My sister had that done as well as Brian (a couple times).  The last time when I got home from work (he broke his hand at work and the doctor was going to pierce the nail and Brian said that he or his sister would - she is a CFD paramedic), and he made sure he waited to do that until I was home and proceeded to chase me around with the blood squirting out.  Then of course later when the nail was about to fall off he made sure he showed me several times then as well lol.

Now that's foreplay :wub: :lolhitting