ho yo to

cwsox

BrandoFan, I am answering here because we have moved way off baseball.

Ho yo to, or more fully ho yo to ho, was the immortal lyric by Wagner from Götterdämmerung, Act III.

ho yo to ho

You spoke of William Cullen Wadsworth-Longfellow. I think you ran two or three American poets together.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Longfellow poetry may also have used the ho yo phrase, now that you have said that, I have to think about it. He was not Canadian - he was American and wrote Son of Hiawatha. Longfellow bio

William Cullen Bryant is a website for William Cullen Bryant, another American poet. He wrote "Thanatopsis" which first appeared in the North American Review in 1817, and Byrant was inspired by William Wordsworth, which is where a combination of Wadsworth and Wordsworth could confuse anyone not immediately steeped in 19th century American literature - which as we all know, most of us aren't!

Damn I knew paying attention in college english would pay off some day! I bet I have bored everyone now! It is obviously my deep love for American poety that makes me such an Eminem fan! :lol: :lol:

Now let's see if WSI has an off topic thread like this! :lol:

Ho yo to, or more fully ho yo to ho, was the immortal lyric by Wagner from Götterdämmerung, Act III.

ho yo to ho

You spoke of William Cullen Wadsworth-Longfellow. I think you ran two or three American poets together.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Longfellow poetry may also have used the ho yo phrase, now that you have said that, I have to think about it. He was not Canadian - he was American and wrote Son of Hiawatha. Longfellow bio

William Cullen Bryant is a website for William Cullen Bryant, another American poet. He wrote "Thanatopsis" which first appeared in the North American Review in 1817, and Byrant was inspired by William Wordsworth, which is where a combination of Wadsworth and Wordsworth could confuse anyone not immediately steeped in 19th century American literature - which as we all know, most of us aren't!

I was just...you ddd-didn...um...I jok...yeah...no, me really...pheew...I...jj-jo...hmm...eh.........D'ja know Dick Pole is his real name...Awesome!