Ozzie opened his big damn mouth again...

southsider2k5

I can't believe him... :bang

But Guillen expressed his sympathy for Ordonez, a four-time All-Star, and for the Tigers before Tuesday night's game at Oakland.

"Wow," Guillen said. "Magglio is my countryman, and when somebody is talking about health, I know that doesn't make anyone happy. I think it's a shame this kid cannot help the Detroit Tigers.

"They have a great thing going in Detroit, and when you have Magglio in the lineup, it's going to make it better. We wish him the best and [hope] he heals quickly."

Ordonez, 31, won't face the Sox until July 18 at the earliest

AND

Guillen was careful to praise the catching tandem of A.J. Pierzynski and Chris Widger without slighting last year's duo of Sandy Alomar Jr. and Miguel Olivo.

"Alomar has been a tremendous catcher for 17 years, and Olivo has a tremendous future," Guillen said.

I think it's great oz speaks his mind.

We've wanted the Sox to be more aggressive since passive, yet sometimes effective Jerry Manuel.

At least Oz deserves respect unlike that buffoon loudmouth, Bevington.

I like Oz's style.

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 07:56 AM)
I'm still having a hard time figuring out how being a loudmouth equates to being aggressive.

Think about the passiveness of Jerry Manuel. From that point, it's not much of a stretch.

• 2 weeks later...

From today's Trib

Guillen spoke highly of predecessor Jerry Manuel, who congratulated Guillen and the Sox for their successful start in an interview with reporters Monday at Wrigley Field.

"I think he's a great baseball man," Guillen said of Manuel, the first-base coach for the New York Mets who managed the Sox for six seasons (1998-2003). "It's too bad players don't play for him the way they should have been playing. I blame it on the players. It's easy to blame the manager. I think he did a tremendous job here."

As for their different personalities, "I wish sometimes I could be like him," Guillen said. "I can't. I keep talking all the time."