Rosie O'Donnell

WilliamTell

Burnett says he is surprised by O'Donnell's ire. "I don't know how to respond to something that never happened," he told the New York Post. "And the last thing I want to do is get into a fight with a powerful celebrity who has a blog read by tens of people."

LMAO :lolhitting

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
Burnett says he is surprised by O'Donnell's ire. "I don't know how to respond to something that never happened," he told the New York Post. "And the last thing I want to do is get into a fight with a powerful celebrity who has a blog read by tens of people."

LMAO  :lolhitting

lol that is great.

Kind of off-topic, but sorta on, maybe it's just me, but when actor's portray retarded people all I can think about is that they're just making fun of retarded people. I mean how else can you act like a different kind of person without sort of mocking them at the same time?

QUOTE(Cali @ May 2, 2005 -> 06:08 AM)
Kind of off-topic, but sorta on, maybe it's just me, but when actor's portray retarded people all I can think about is that they're just making fun of retarded people. I mean how else can you act like a different kind of person without sort of mocking them at the same time?

I get what you're saying, but it's the job of actors to be actors. They're not just mocking the afflicted on the street corner for fun.

Actors play different roles all the time, including handicapped roles. I don't think I've really liked Leonardo DiCaprio (sp?) in anything except 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape?' where he did an outstanding job of playing an autistic kid.

What about Dustin Hoffman in 'Rainman'?

Or Daniel Day Lewis in 'My Left Foot'... Yes it would be pretty evil to mock someone with cerebral palsy (I think that was Christy's condition) just to be mocking that person, but it's kind of the job of an actor to be able to play all kinds of different roles - even those of handicapped characters.

Now, on the other hand, I know I've already punched my ticket to hell by laughing uncontrollably at the Matt Dillon line from Something About Mary where he tries to impress mary by saying, "What I really want to do with my life is work with retards." :D

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
I saw a commercial for the movie--and it sounded to me like she was doing a really bad PeeWee Herman impression.....

Like she has ever been that much of a talent? That TV show she had was unwatchable. That just showed we have too many house frows in this country. How people can sit at home and watch the daytime garbage, I have no idea.