Will somebody please tell me what happened l

chisoxfan79

I fell asleep last night at 8:30 because I had to wake up at four what the hell is going on WIDGER AT 3RD, CREDE AT SHORT. I knew the Sox lost but since I only work with a few Sox fans and they were all off today nobody knows what happened so will somebody please tell me.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 07:54 PM)
I fell asleep last night at 8:30 because I had to wake up at four what the hell is going on WIDGER AT 3RD, CREDE AT SHORT.  I knew the Sox lost but since I only work with a few Sox fans and they were all off today nobody knows what happened so will somebody please tell me.

Juan has a groin strain so he can't play SS, Iguchi tweaked his hamstring I believe (could be wrong about that one) and Oszuna got hit by a pitch and is day to day. Ozzie drew names out of a hat for 3B today.

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
Juan has a groin strain so he can't play SS, Iguchi tweaked his hamstring I believe (could be wrong about that one) and Oszuna got hit by a pitch and is day to day.  Ozzie drew names out of a hat for 3B today.

So lets pretend a middle infielder gets hurt today, if that happens Timo Perez or Gload would have to play middle infield.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
So lets pretend a middle infielder gets hurt today,  if that happens Timo Perez or Gload would have to play middle infield.

I believe they would move Konerko to 3rd and put Gload at 1st. If I remember correctly Paulie came up as a 3B.

QUOTE(valponick @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
I believe they would move Konerko to 3rd and put Gload at 1st.  If I remember correctly Paulie came up as a 3B.

Paulie started out as a catcher. Because of a chronic hip problem LA tried him at 3B. He couldn't handle it so he settled in as a 1B.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
So lets pretend a middle infielder gets hurt today,  if that happens Timo Perez or Gload would have to play middle infield.

Actually...found this at Whitesox.com...

"Both relief pitcher Cliff Politte and outfielder Jermaine Dye volunteered to play the infield if needed, having previous experience from their early baseball days. With the way things are going on the White Sox injury front, they might be in there by the fifth or sixth inning."

So, after the normal infielders (let's hope some can play by friday)...it's Dye, who we saw today, and then maybe even Politte.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
Actually...found this at Whitesox.com...

"Both relief pitcher Cliff Politte and outfielder Jermaine Dye volunteered to play the infield if needed, having previous experience from their early baseball days. With the way things are going on the White Sox injury front, they might be in there by the fifth or sixth inning."

So, after the normal infielders (let's hope some can play by friday)...it's Dye, who we saw today, and then maybe even Politte.

Wonder if Politte can hit better than Dye.