Sox rated worst franshise to root for

frahungski

The sarcasm is so rich wrt to the Cubs that he eludes to the possibility the team would lose it's identity if it were to win. Would Cub fans become unhappy if they could no longer be called the loveable losers?

This process has already started. Cub fans are pissed that Hendry didn't get a closer. They are very unhappy with the team. That lovable loser protection the franchise has enjoyed was deflected out of Moises Alou's mitt in the '03 NLCS.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
This process has already started. Cub fans are pissed that Hendry didn't get a closer.  They are very unhappy with the team.  That lovable loser protection the franchise has enjoyed was deflected out of Moises Alou's mitt in the '03 NLCS.

I agree, and I love every bit of it. It's all true though, it's hard to be a Sox fan, but it's the hard that makes it good. If it wasn't hard then everyone would be a Sox fan. It's easy to be a Cubs fan because there are so many of them.

:headbang

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
This process has already started. Cub fans are pissed that Hendry didn't get a closer.  They are very unhappy with the team.  That lovable loser protection the franchise has enjoyed was deflected out of Moises Alou's mitt in the '03 NLCS.

well put

the guy's a freakin moron...

I was watching a sox - tiger's game the other day and the aflac trivia question was "when was the last time the Detroit Tigers had a winning season?" I'd rather see a team win all season then having to guess when the last time they finished above .500 is.

His reasoning for the Browns is because the snuck into the playoffs and lost. Anyone remember the bears doing that?

There's so many other reasons and teams that could be compared, it's just that this blog should never have been writen. There's too many teams, and too many different opinions on which teams it sucks being a fan for. Maybe being a fan of this guy's writing could possibly be the worst?

it just sucks when you get on a big winning streak and everyone is all happy then sooner or later you lose and they think your team sucks becuase of one game

believe this is the direction were going in here, if not ignore this post

I like how he mentioned how the Cubs had Harry Caray...kind of said it like we never had him.

Whoops

The entire article is absolutely ridiculous. There is absolutely no such thing as a bad team to root for. You root for who you want to.

(but if there is such a thing as a bad team to root for, it is a team like the Yankees or Red Sox...isn't that kind of like cheating as far as rooting for a fan is concerned? the cheap way out? i don't want to see a team struggle through rebuilding and seeing young players come up and make some noise, i want to see a team just win...personally, cheering for a team like that seems like a bad idea, but maybe that's just me and not always wanting to do what is popular)

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
My email to Bechtel...

If your ultimate point is that it's frustrating to be a White Sox fan...I have to agree with you.  It ain't easy.  We dont settle for losing like cubs fans do.  So when we lose year after year it sucks...it eats away at you.  It pisses us off, ruins our day, but we dont quit.  We count the days till spring training.  We don't say ah who cares.  We want better.  We keep coming back with new found optimism so when it does happen we can say "I was there back when..."  The Sox are a hard working team that makes the best of what they have and that epitomizes the makeup of a lot of us fans.

We have had a total of 6 things to be happy about in the last 87 years...

A World Series title: 1917

Pennants: 1919, 1959 and

Division titles: 1983, 1993, 2000

6 things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hell yeah it's frustrating

If those things make the sox hard to root for then I agree, but all you listed were some jackass comments...about our stadium, our announcer and our coach. 

I got news for ya pal...I don't want to win for losing...I don't want to be lovable losers.  Not caring about winning games doesn't make a team better to root for.  I don't want a broken down urinal for a ballpark. I want the state of the art facility we have.  I like a biased announcer that roots like a fan and I like a fiery coach that is just one of the guys.

If those are really your reasons for the White Sox being the worst team to root for, then you should stick to writing about NASCAR.  Flat tire here, bad pit crew there...that's clearly more your speed...cause you don't know s*** about the Sox.

Nice job dude...

I had to send him one myself...but I wasn't as eloquent....just basically said "f*** Off"!

pfffffffffft....a f***ing NASCAR writer doggin on the Sox!?!

Knock yourselves out guys: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/email/bechtel/

Edited by Wanne

I would have to say I agree that is very hard being a Sox fan. His reason were pretty off but he was on the right track. I love the White Sox and am very happy I at some point in my life chose the Sox or they chose me. But in another way I kind of feel like a masochist. I feel that in the end, every year, I'm just gonna get hurt. Especially the people on this website and others who are similar. We are all die hards. Why else would we spend time writing meaningless messages like this one. I mean there have been times I'll see a guy in a bar wearing a Sox hat and I'll say nice hat and we'll just start talking. This is because I have a certain amount of respect for a person just because they are a Sox fan. I don't know, basically I am just trying to say I agree with the guy who wrote the blog. :gosox1:

QUOTE(mrzo2733 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 03:13 AM)
I would have to say I agree that is very hard being a Sox fan. His reason were pretty off but he was on the right track. I love the White Sox and am very happy I at some point in my life chose the Sox or they chose me.  But  in another way I kind of feel like a masochist.  I feel that in the end, every year, I'm just gonna get hurt. Especially the people on this website and others who are similar. We are all die hards.  Why else would we spend time writing meaningless messages like this one. I mean there have been times I'll see a guy in a bar wearing a Sox hat and I'll say nice hat and we'll just start talking. This is because I have a certain amount of respect for a person just because they are a Sox fan.  I don't know, basically I am just trying to say I agree with the guy who wrote the blog. :gosox1:

I have to somewhat agree. When we were in Florida recently and we saw a guy with a Sox hat on, my wife just walked up to him and said, "We're Sox fans too."

It's like a bond that we all have and unfortunately, rarely is it associated with winning. That's why I am so nervous after our fast start. I just want so bad for us to stay in first place the whole year. Then we will fill up the park consistently and there will be the Sox "buzz" the whole year. Come on guys, let's get them this weekend.

What that guy doesn't understand is that it builds character to suffer with a team, and it makes it that much sweeter when/if they finally do win. If you want to define a team as "hard to root for" because they lose, that's fine. But I find it hard to believe that most people care about the other crap he mentioned.

The only exception - and I'm sure I'll take crap for this - is that our announcers are indeed bad. I realize it comes down to personal taste, but I happen to prefer hearing an objective account of the game. Otherwise how can an announcer (like Hawk or DJ) have any credibility when they tell you a call was bad or a play was bad, if it's always one-sided? Again, just my take. I root for the TEAM and not the announcers.

OKay with this ass-clown, here we go..

1. We had Harry Carry.. WE had him in the good years, not the if you spell grace backwards it says ECARG..Hawk might not be the greatest, but its better than 95% of the other announcers out there. If you don't belive me, order the Direct TV baseball package and sit back and listen.

2. THe Cubs Fans are stupid, plain and simple.. What other team ticket scalps its fans to make money, and then doesn't put that money into their team.. The Cubs could have the same payroll as the Yankees, yet they don't need to their fans are to stupid not to support a losing cause. Case and Point this year Cubs payroll is about 10mil more than us, yet they sold out everygame have a huge TV deal and rip of their own fans...something doesn't add up

3. I read from someone else, How is it that the BlackHawks are not on that list, or what about the Expos/Nationals..They have had one sellout..

This list is a joke, using your "power" to show your biased opnion.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
My email to Bechtel...

If your ultimate point is that it's frustrating to be a White Sox fan...I have to agree with you.  It ain't easy.  We dont settle for losing like cubs fans do.  So when we lose year after year it sucks...it eats away at you.  It pisses us off, ruins our day, but we dont quit.  We count the days till spring training.  We don't say ah who cares.  We want better.  We keep coming back with new found optimism so when it does happen we can say "I was there back when..."  The Sox are a hard working team that makes the best of what they have and that epitomizes the makeup of a lot of us fans.

We have had a total of 6 things to be happy about in the last 87 years...

A World Series title: 1917

Pennants: 1919, 1959 and

Division titles: 1983, 1993, 2000

6 things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hell yeah it's frustrating

If those things make the sox hard to root for then I agree, but all you listed were some jackass comments...about our stadium, our announcer and our coach. 

I got news for ya pal...I don't want to win for losing...I don't want to be lovable losers.  Not caring about winning games doesn't make a team better to root for.  I don't want a broken down urinal for a ballpark. I want the state of the art facility we have.  I like a biased announcer that roots like a fan and I like a fiery coach that is just one of the guys.

If those are really your reasons for the White Sox being the worst team to root for, then you should stick to writing about NASCAR.  Flat tire here, bad pit crew there...that's clearly more your speed...cause you don't know s*** about the Sox.

Great!! :cheers Edited by Yossarian

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)

1. We had Harry Carry.. WE had him in the good years, not the if you spell grace backwards it says ECARG..Hawk might not be the greatest, but its better than 95% of the other announcers out there. If you don't belive me, order the Direct TV baseball package and sit back and listen.

2. THe Cubs Fans are stupid, plain and simple.. What other team ticket scalps its fans to make money,  and then doesn't put that money into their team.. The Cubs could have the same payroll as the Yankees, yet they don't need to their fans are to stupid not to support a losing cause.  Case and Point this year Cubs payroll is about 10mil more than us, yet they sold out everygame have a huge TV deal and rip of their own fans...something doesn't add up

3. I read from someone else, How is it that the BlackHawks are not on that list, or what about the Expos/Nationals..They have had one sellout..

I agree with you 100% on this post. And we both know that saying a lot!

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 08:19 AM)

2. THe Cubs Fans are stupid, plain and simple.. What other team ticket scalps its fans to make money,  and then doesn't put that money into their team.. The Cubs could have the same payroll as the Yankees, yet they don't need to their fans are to stupid not to support a losing cause.  Case and Point this year Cubs payroll is about 10mil more than us, yet they sold out everygame have a huge TV deal and rip of their own fans...something doesn't add up

Well said