Sin City 2 and 3 from Rodriguez and Miller

KipWellsFan

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=7308

Now for the news that I'm sure most people will agree is absolutely great. Robert Rodriguez will be shooting back to back sequels for SIN CITY 2 and 3 starting February of next year for a release presumably summer of 2007. I guess the studio big wigs were satisfied with the commercial and critical appeal of the uber-cool SIN CITY that they jumped on the shooting back to back sequels bandwagon.

Hopefully this is true. :headbang

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=7308

Hopefully this is true. :headbang

I'll make sure to stay far away from that theatre. SinCity was singlehandedly the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life. I've seen some bad movies (and a lot of movies) and my god was it HORRID. People talk about the effects and ya they were cool, but the film was s***, absolute s***.

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:09 PM)
how bout they put in stories that all flow together this time. would make the perfect movie if acting, etc. is same...

You mean actually make it a movie...nah...that won't happen, so many people rave about the 1st one which was total GARBAGE.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
I'll make sure to stay far away from that theatre.  SinCity was singlehandedly the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life.  I've seen some bad movies (and a lot of movies) and my god was it HORRID.  People talk about the effects and ya they were cool, but the film was s***, absolute s***.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:24 PM)
you must be talking about "million dollar baby..."

Haven't seen that. I did just watch sideways and thought to myself "ehhh". It was way overhyped. It was just a neurtic movie that was rather stupid (but I didn't have any interest in it to begin with). I think I was too young for the humor or something. Although my dad says he's old and there wasn't any humor.

Hell the best movie I've seen this year is Kung Foo Hustle. Saw that this past weekend, fantastic. Just an enjoyable movie. On another movie sidenote, House of Flying Daggers was ehh (not near as good as Crouching Tiger or Hero).

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
Yah I saw House of Flying Daggers, great disapointment for me in comparison  to Hero. But I should have expected it as Hero is one of my favorites of all time.

HEro was a really cool movie. I remember as the movie progressed It just kept getting better and better in my mind until I the end when I just said Damn that was a great movie. I was hoping House of Flying Daggers would too, but it never happened.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
HEro was a really cool movie.  I remember as the movie progressed It just kept getting better and better in my mind until I the end when I just said Damn that was a great movie.  I was hoping House of Flying Daggers would too, but it never happened.

The action was fantastic in HOFD, probably on par with Hero so I guess there was just really something about the Hero story that got to me. I'd also like to think that the romance wasn't the reason I didn't like the story in HOFD, but it probably was.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
The action was fantastic in HOFD, probably on par with Hero so I guess there was just really something about the Hero story that got to me.  I'd also like to think that the romance wasn't the reason I didn't like the story in HOFD, but it probably was.

I know it was for me. I just thought of it as stupid, LOL.

On a sidenote, I've been growing tempted to start a site on my film reviews. I mean I could save people big bucks telling them what movies are garbage. Hell, they could just pay me the 9 bucks instead of going to the films :headbang

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
I'll make sure to stay far away from that theatre.  SinCity was singlehandedly the worst movie I've ever seen in my entire life.  I've seen some bad movies (and a lot of movies) and my god was it HORRID.  People talk about the effects and ya they were cool, but the film was s***, absolute s***.

I have not seen it yet but i find it hard to believe it is the worst movie you have ever seen. I sure as hell know it won't be the worst movie i have ever seen and i watch at least two movies a day. Too many good things have been said about it to be that bad. Every place has it at the very worst an 8 out of 10.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)
I have not seen it yet but i find it hard to believe it is the worst movie you have ever seen. I sure as hell know it won't be the worst movie i have ever seen and i watch at least two movies a day. Too many good things have been said about it to be that bad. Every place has it at the very worst an 8 out of 10.

Trust me when I say every place is dead wrong. I haven't seen many movies this bad. Only one that would even go along with it would possibly be Ladykiller or whatever it was. That movie was even stupider.

Usually movies at least have some sort of niche going for them but aside from some decent graphics this movie had the stupidest plot and story ever. Maybe its cause I'm not a comic book person, I don't know, but I know I was shocked when I saw how many people talk about how great it is.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)

Yah I kind of want a deeper explanation as to why Jason didn't like it. He mentioned the special effects but I thought it was the characters that were the stars, especially Mickey Rourke.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
Yah I kind of want a deeper explanation as to why Jason didn't like it. He mentioned the special effects but I thought it was the characters that were the stars, especially Mickey Rourke.

I thought the effects were the only thing worth while. I thought the acting was piss poor (and they had all those big name stars) and the story was even stupider. There was absolutely no point to the movie. I was hoping the story would go somewhere or that something would happen..but alas nothing and they even did a pretty shoddy job tying it all in.

It was just a HORRID film. You couldn't give me 10 bucks to go watch it again.

I enjoyed Sin City. Storyline to me flowed together once it was over and you had time to take it all in.

Cinematography(sp?) is amazing. If the content wasn't so graphic, I'm sure it could run the house in terms of awards for it.

One of the more original films I've seen in quite some time. The storyline is not a seamless line, maybe thats why some folks don't like it. It uses the "Pulp Fiction-sporadic timeline" theory to tell the story.

I enjoyed it, and would see it again. Of course it helped that Jessica Alba was in it, grinding on a pole... :notworthy

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 02:18 AM)
I enjoyed Sin City. Storyline to me flowed together once it was over and you had time to take it all in.

Cinematography(sp?) is amazing. If the content wasn't so graphic, I'm sure it could run the house in terms of awards for it.

One of the more original films I've seen in quite some time. The storyline is not a seamless line, maybe thats why some folks don't like it. It uses the "Pulp Fiction-sporadic timeline" theory to tell the story.

I enjoyed it, and would see it again. Of course it helped that Jessica Alba was in it, grinding on a pole... :notworthy

i liked the movie. thought it was overhyped but still good. i still don't see the point of the clive owen part of the story other than a couple of the characters involved happen to be at or work at the same place as the others in the two stories that actually meshed...