Iguchi worked out today...

Jabroni

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 01:09 AM)
He's also about to go under the knife.  The Mariners are looking at having Wilson Valez at short until at least the ASB..

Oh, that's why Valdez is playing. I thought Hargrove just didn't like Pokey. Mah bad...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a ballpark estimate for Uribe's return?

It will be as soon as they prove Iguchi can't play SS ... you know, that bad arm and all. :bang

Seriously, the report on the Sox site said he could very well be ready for tomorrow, but Uribe himself thought it was possible it might linger a few days. I'd imagine it'll be a game time decision. Personally I expect to see Pablo at SS the next couple of games.

It sounds like Uribe may take a couple more days to heal. Hopefully, Ozuna will be able to start at SS tomorrow. Otherwise, it's Willie at SS. :ph34r:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

Prior to Wednesday's contest, Uribe expressed hope that he would be back in action Friday, when the White Sox return home to face Detroit, but it could take him a few more days to heal.
Utility infielder Pablo Ozuna also was on the shelf, removed from the starting lineup prior to Wednesday's contest, when his sore left wrist would not allow him to swing the bat. Yabu hit Ozuna with a pitch Tuesday night.

Well, hopefully these are just standard bumps and brusies and we'll see these two off ready to go by Monday.

My biggest area of concern is an injuried Juan Uribe. He truly is this team's MVP in terms of defensive flexibility with offensive production and I'd hate to see a nagging injury haunt us down the road.

We were little b****es this week. When I say that I refere to not properly retaliating for getting hit so much. I know they were tight games and you have to put a runner on in a tied or one run game but I feel that we didn't take care of business. It reminded me of that series last year where the Flubs hit the Buccos like 11 times before Pitt finally fired back. There was a lot of talk about how the new White Sox had plenty of guys who would protect our players but that has been hot air thus far. I know there is another series with them to even it up but I think the White Sox looked weak as far as toughness goes this week.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
We were little b****es this week. When I say that I refere to not properly retaliating for getting hit so much. I know they were tight games and you have to put a runner on in a tied or one run game but I feel that we didn't take care of business. It reminded me of that series last year where the Flubs hit the Buccos like 11 times before Pitt finally fired back. There was a lot of talk about how the new White Sox had plenty of guys who would protect our players but that has been hot air thus far. I know there is another series with them to even it up but I think the White Sox looked weak as far as toughness goes this week.

The best course of action is to leave that whole series in Oakland.

That joint really is a house of horrors. You'd like to see some payback when the A's get to town, but I've really made a conscious effort to leave that whole mess in Oakland where it belongs.

It's like bizzaro world, year-in and year-out.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
It sounds like Uribe may take a couple more days to heal.  Hopefully, Ozuna will be able to start at SS tomorrow.  Otherwise, it's Willie at SS. :ph34r:

IMO you won't see Ozuna tomorrow, but hey I've been wrong once or twice before. I'd rather give him 1 more day off, then rush him and his forearm.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
Let's change your handle to quickman, there are striking similarities ...  :lolhitting

I have no idea what you are talking about???

I'll bet you a steak dinner that Iguchi starts at SS, and we lose the game because some piece of s*** screws it up.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)
Cap...the avatar...I got to know. :lol:

Haha, its from quite possibly the cheesiest music video ever. Its Tommy Seelbach and teh song is "Apache"

I'll send it to ya via Gmail maybe hehe..the link I downloaded it from is gone.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Haha, its from quite possibly the cheesiest music video ever. Its Tommy Seelbach and teh song is "Apache"

I'll send it to ya via Gmail maybe hehe..the link I downloaded it from is gone.

Gets me laughing each and every time I see it.

What a find! :lol:

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
It sounds like Uribe may take a couple more days to heal.  Hopefully, Ozuna will be able to start at SS tomorrow.  Otherwise, it's Willie at SS. :ph34r:

That link is over 24 hours old. Lots can change in that time. Both could still be out, but I suspect that 22 hours from now, one of them will be good to go.

The more pressing concern is how many White Sox infielders will be healthy enough to suit up for the contest against the Tigers?

Juan Uribe (groin), Pablo Ozuna (wrist), Tadahito Iguchi (knee) and Joe Crede (foot) all hope to nurse their injuries through Thursday's off-day, when they will receive extensive treatment at U.S. Cellular Field, and then be ready to play against Nate Robertson and Detroit.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
Ugh. Weren't those 1-0 Esty losses there? I think part of our problem is that Comerica is tought ot jack homers out of so maybe this team will do better with the gapes there, although Maggs and Frank were great gap hitters so it's hard to say. Definitely no Jurassic in the OF allowed

Ya, the series starting tomorrow is at the cell though. This current team is much better equipted to win at comerica for reasons you stated, I actually think they'll play real good ball there this year.