Indie Music....

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
You know, for the longest time, I thought Indie music was music from India. True story...

the ride to school on the short bus must have been a magical time for you ;) I kid :)

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Wow, more homgenized indie names and lo-fi music. I don't find this to be remotely innovative or good, but then again I am getting sick of the indie genre for not doing anything new for years.

wow Cerbaho-WG, how's Valpraiso, Indiana treating you? great I'm sure.

it's a good thing your opinion is s***. otherwise it'd be a shame to have to point out why this one song, which you probably didn't even listen to in the first place, is better than the happy-with-a-g, alt rock green day crap that you enjoy.

please, go back to pitchforkmedia.com and write your sorry excuse for a review

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
What's wrong with Green Day?

Hey man, if you like 'em. good on you.

I just find their music hipocritical. They sing about hating the demographic of people who bought their CDs and put them on the map. Calling people idiots, rednecks, etc is biggoted behavior and equally unacceptable as someone referring to the liberal agenda as "f***** america".

Of course they're "rock saviors" when they write songs that bash George W. Bush.

Now speaking on their song writing skills, they are quite good, if not damn talented.

too me, they're two seperate things.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
I take it you're not going right out to watch "American Idiot - The Movie".

They do have a boatload of talent.

you can't argue with either parts of my assessment. Yes, they do have talent. It's ok for side A to hate side B, but not the other way around?

Maybe I'm thinking they're seeing if it's alright for side A to hate side B, then side B can do the same because they're sickened by side A doing it, I think...., but yeah, I see where you're coming from.

Edit; The more I'm thinking about ny response and how to respond, I'm confusing myself. :huh:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Maybe I'm thinking they're seeing if it's alright for side A to hate side B, then side B can do the same because they're sickened by side A doing it, I think...., but yeah, I see where you're coming from.

Edit; The more I'm thinking about ny response and how to respond, I'm confusing myself. :huh:

ok, I buy your explanation. I'm not exactly sure they should be singing about the common everyday "conservative republican" however. I don't believe that "joe conservative" is actively seeking to spew hate and hurt the average liberal, do you? I suppose, I think their songs should focus on the anti-christ like Rush and O'Reilly instead.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
Not typically outside of politics. But why is liberal a dirty word these days? It's a little bit of a tangent, I know, but it's like the new thing...

probably the same way "conservative" or "traditional" is.

All of that garbage is a waste of time. I think both sides have something important to say, but politics and government has become more about "catching the otherside in the act" than fixing serious social problems.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
Let's just throw them all out and start over.

From now on around here, liberals will simply be referred to as %$*%! moonbats and conservatives will be called *&$%@#! wingnuts and it will be the beautiful beginning of a kinder, gentler SL&P.  :ph34r:

hahaha... no problem calling you the king of all @#$#@ moonbats

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
wow Cerbaho-WG, how's Valpraiso, Indiana treating you?  great I'm sure. 

it's a good thing your opinion is s***. otherwise it'd be a shame to have to point out why this one song, which you probably didn't even listen to in the first place, is better than the happy-with-a-g, alt rock green day crap that you enjoy.

please, go back to pitchforkmedia.com and write your sorry excuse for a review

I'm in Bloomington, IN, which has a sizeable musical community here that goes past the simple, homgenized sound that is indie rock.

I enjoy it that you assume what I listen to and that I would even enjoy the pretentious s***heap that is Pitchforkmedia. Did I listen to the song? Yes. Was it a minor alteration of things that were laid out years ago? Yup. If you had any knowledge in your head about what I listen to, you wouldn't have a f***ing clue what the hell I was talking about.

While you probably have a vague view of post-rock in general, I seriously doubt that you have listened to it extensively. I listen to an ecletic range of musical genres including free jazz, post-rock, a decent amount of indie, electronic (mainly french house), experimental, industrial...do I need to go on or have I proved my point that you are as horrible as pigeonholing me with music as you do in politics?