Best Sports Calls

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
not bad, definitely a good one, i thought it said mcnown at first

It is too a good one, for me at least. I hate the Vikings in I live where the Vikings are the team. After hearing this and listening to all the Vikings fans suffer, it brought a warmness in my heart, or maybe it was just constant laughing.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great College hoops games that you guys forgot in counting down the best:

Michigan vs. Seton Hall, '89. Glen Rice wins the championship at the stripe

Valpo vs. Miss., '98. Bryce Drew hit that 3

WVU vs. Louisville this year was just as exciting as the Illinois vs. 'zona game.

Illinois vs. Michigan in '87.

Ok, I know I'm going to get a s***load of crap for this, but Game 6, 1991 World Series, Kirby takes Charlie Liebrant deep in the bottom of the 12th.

Jack Buck: "We'll see you tomorrow night!"

Kirby is my favorite Non-Sox of all time.

Pat Hughes: "Fly ball to left, Brown is there....HE DROPPED THE BALL!!"

Ronnie Woo Woo Santo: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Boom does the dynamite that kid goes to Ball State I also go to school there. Place is a s*** hole full of cubs, colts, and pacers fans. But got a few studs out here that keep the bears, bulls, and sox going strong by talking s*** at every opportunity we get. These hill jacks from Indiana not know s*** about sports. (Besides people from Lake and Porter counties) :gosox4:

Do you believe in miracles?....YES!!!!

Amonte back to Roenick... fires...HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN!!!

Anyone who's a Blackhawks fan who heard Foley's Karpovtsev rant after the hawks traded him? That ranks up there with me just because it was one of the most brutally honest things I've heard from any announcer.

The call when Mike Brown intercepted the pass against the Niners in OT.

Anything by Chris Berman

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 02:24 AM)
Dick Bremer's was the best...something along the lines of...

'Thomas hits it deep, and this one will stay fair, and the White Sox win'

Best part of it was that you couldn't hear him saying and the White Sox win.  His voice had just faded into the noise of the crowd.

That was probably my favorite game from that season.  Konerko, hitting like .180, pinch hits, and hits a game-tying homer. Just incredible.

Easily my favorite Sox game of all time for a couple of reasons:

1) I was in attendance, in my family's usual seats.

2) I hate doing this because people usually don't buy this type of story after the fact, but I'll say it anyways. As soon as Guardado came into the game I called for PK to PH even though the entire section called me crazy. Said "You watch, they PH PK and he hits a HR, he KILLS Guardado." Of course we all know what happened, and as we're driving home after the game some guy called in to ESPN 1000 about this "genius" kid in his section that called for PK to PH and called the HR. It was hilarious.

3) Sweetest Ending of all time w/Frank crushing one foul...then a couple pitches later crushing one fair for the walk-off win.

Ever since that day, my brother is always like "s***, we need to get you someone who will take in game proposition bets all game, because you'd make a KILLING." Man, what a game, what a night. :cheers

Edited by Fotop

Going to Hockey for a minute.

Pat Foley. 1992 Campbell Semi's game 4 against the Dead Wings.

"Trying to come out of there with it......HE SCOOOOOOOOORES!!!!!!!!! BRENT SUTTER!!!!!!!! FLIPS IN A BACK HANDER!!!!!!!! AND THE BLACKHAWKS ARE 1 MINUTE AWAY FROM GETTING RID OF THE RED WINGS!!!!!!!!"

QUOTE(Wedge @ May 4, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
"At six, six...

from the University of NORTH Carolina...

MIIIIIIICHAEL JOOOORDAN!"

damn, that still gives me goosebumps

Not to be a jerk, but wasn't it:

"At guard, from NORTH CAR-olina...

MIIIIIIIICHAEL JOOOOORDAN!"

Of course, you could never hear him anyway...so what diff does it make, it still gives me goosebumps too.

Also: It's not really a sports call, but Wayne Messmer doing the National Anthem at the 1991 All-Star Game at the old Stadium, right after the Gulf War started was the best sports moment I've ever experienced.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ May 4, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
Not to be a jerk, but wasn't it:

"At guard, from NORTH CAR-olina...

Of course, you could never hear him anyway...so what diff does it make, it still gives me goosebumps too.

Ya, gives me goosebumps just reading it. BTW, your both wrong. It goes like this:

"Aaaaaaat guard, 6'6, from NORTH CARO-lina, Number 23.......

Edited by SoxFan1