Has Espn "out foxed" Foxnews?

sox4lifeinPA

I barely watch Foxnews anymore mainly because I find Joe Scarborough much more attractive than Greta Van Sustren. During my time with Foxnews and listening to Hannity and Rush on the radio, it was just obvious that they were handed documents and agendum by the same person. That begin said, watching and listening for more than an hour became grossly repeatative.

On to ESPN....

I've just felt over the course of a few months ESPN seems to have caught on to this form of broadcasting. Between Mike and Mike and Dan Patrick (Ever since Rob Dibble left the Dan Patrick Show its gone down hill) , Sportscenter and the sports talking heads (by the way steven a smith, the angry black man routine is WAY over done), I feel like I hear the same damn opinions on the same subjects no matter what time of day it is. The only exception, though he tends to do it from time to time, is Colin Cowherd.

I get soooo sick of it, I just find myself turning the radio off all together.

anyone else feel this way?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
The sad thing is, Joe Scarborough is probably more attractive than Greta.

:lol: not exactly what I wanted you to take away from my post, but ok.

I like Joe. He's fair when he needs to be. If you like Joe, you can thank Foxnews for requiring the other news stations to pretend like they care about "the other side of the story".

News channels do not practice journalism, just punditry. I didn't think I like Joe but I saw him in a idffernt element on Bill maher and I liked him a bit. He came off more relaxed and less smug. Seemed fairly likeable. I have no idea why Fox uses Geraldo or Greta as I'm sure they could do just as well with other people

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
I remember during high school while driving to school, we'd listen to Mancow (hey, not much on at 7am) and he'd always be talking about some article that was on Fark.com the previous day.

I listened to Mancow this week for the first time in years. He's gone completely ADD, the show is just a trainwreck of completely random s***.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Apr 28, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
I barely watch Foxnews anymore mainly because I find Joe Scarborough much more attractive than Greta Van Sustren. During my time with Foxnews and listening to Hannity and Rush on the radio, it was just obvious that they were handed documents and agendum by the same person. That begin said, watching and listening for more than an hour became grossly repeatative.

On to ESPN....

I've just felt over the course of a few months ESPN seems to have caught on to this form of broadcasting. Between Mike and Mike and Dan Patrick (Ever since Rob Dibble left the Dan Patrick Show its gone down hill) , Sportscenter and the sports talking heads (by the way steven a smith, the angry black man routine is WAY over done), I feel like I hear the same damn opinions on the same subjects no matter what time of day it is. The only exception, though he tends to do it from time to time, is Colin Cowherd.

FWIW, Hannity is on in New York immediately after Rush. That may have something to do with why they talk about the same thing.

QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
I listened to Mancow this week for the first time in years. He's gone completely ADD, the show is just a trainwreck of completely random s***.

I listened to about 5 minutes of Mancow when he first infested this city, and felt it was a train wreck right away. The fact that man still has a show on the radio says a lot about the stupidty that corrupts our society.

Same prep. Same talking points. Listen to liberal talk radio - they all usually hit the same issues on the same day... because a good talk show host is hitting the eights, nines and tens. The things of most importance to the audience. Hannity and Limbaugh reach for the same audience, so they'll talk about the same things. Franken and Rhodes reach for the same audience, so they'll talk about the same things. The difference is that Hannity and Limbaugh are about equal talent wise, so their shows sound similar. Franken and Rhodes aren't which is why Randi Rhodes show is so damn good.

I see what you mean, I guess I just enjoy guys like Glen Beck and Michael Savage because they talk about what they want to talk about and don't just tow the party line.

I feel like Colin Cowherd is one of the only guys that does that at ESPN...mind you I don't always agree with his opinion

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 02:15 AM)
News channels do not practice journalism, just punditry.

right on.

To get my political fix, I have actually turned to CSPAN and just watch the debates and press conferences. Its much more refreshing, and you dont have spin doctors after them telling you what to think about the event

And I agree with the first post of this thread. I have pretty much abonded SportsCenter because they dont show any highlights anymore and all they do is 'break it down' (brought to you by budwieser)

hell, even Baseball Tonight does not show a lot of highlights anymore.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)

On to ESPN....

I gotta disagree. I don't get a chance to listen to the DP show too often because I am at school but I isten to Mike and Mike EVERY morning before school. I like their opinions and besides, they're just opinions. Usually Greeny ends up disagreeing with Golic....funny stuff. I also like how they always have out-side opinions like Vitale, Gammons, Phillips, Smith, and others.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
I gotta disagree. I don't get a chance to listen to the DP show too often because I am at school but I isten to Mike and Mike EVERY morning before school. I like their opinions and besides, they're just opinions. Usually Greeny ends up disagreeing with Golic....funny stuff. I also like how they always have out-side opinions like Vitale, Gammons, Phillips, Smith, and others.

I don't think you get the point then. If you have a chance to listen to multiple shows in a day, especially on the openning monologues, it becomes a horribly redundant exercise in group think.

Gammons, Vitale, and Steven A Smith are three of the biggest ESPN line toters.