Tiggers @ White Sox - Game 4-30-05

SoxFan1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
I don't like to use a guy for 7 outs and then use him in the 9th the next day.

He was starting just last year. He has more than enough stamina.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
I forgot to mention, WGN's sound compared to Comcast's is night and day.  Kudos to WGN.

Comcast is s***ty as hell.

The sound NEVER works...Bulls games, Sox games, doesn't matter...I

t's like a high school production...

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ May 1, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
now you guys see why i relax and dont b****.  :P

There is nothign relaxing about whitesox baseball, you want to relax turn on the braves. I cannot see how any of this is relaxing. In fact I think its unhealthy.

Guest JimH
There is nothign relaxing about whitesox baseball, you want to relax turn on the braves. I cannot see how any of this is relaxing. In fact I think its unhealthy.

Have a Sterling and relax yourself. Just think of how much fun it'll be to read the Sunday paper. Think about that.

I almost turned off the game after Pauly lined into that double play. I swore the game was over at that point. If that ball is a foot either way, this game gets blown open. And with the way we had been playing, I would have never guessed we would string that many big hits together.

To the Clutch Sox :cheers

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
I almost turned off the game after Pauly lined into that double play.  I swore the game was over at that point.  If that ball is a foot either way, this game gets blown open.  And with the way we had been playing, I would have never guessed we would string that many big hits together.

To the Clutch Sox :cheers

Its all about the GOOCH!!! He's our version of Ichiro.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
The turning point was El Duque striking out two men with a runner on 3rd.  I could tell that gritiness gave us some life.

He was all fired up after that too. He went into the dugout yelling at everyone trying to get them fired up as well. Then the bats woke up.

Good Call 3E8.

Great comeback win. That being said, after reading this thread, there are a lot of people around here that call themselves Sox fans that wouldn't know a real fan if one fell on them.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 1, 2005 -> 02:22 AM)
Great comeback win.  That being said, after reading this thread, there are a lot of people around here that call themselves Sox fans that wouldn't know a real fan if one fell on them.

I didn't read the thread. I generally don't go in the gamethreads, too much pessimism for me. I'm almost always optimistic.... But even I proclaimed the Sox dead after the 6th. Bases loaded nobody out, and we don't score. We had scored just 5 runs in our previous 26 innings. The offense was stagnent. It was hard to be positive that we could overcome a 2-run deficit in just 9 outs.

I just watched the condensed game, and 3E8 is right, Duque really picked it up for those two batters. That guy is a gamer. I