Tiggers @ White Sox - Game 4-30-05

SoxFan1

Well i think our offense is gonna be pretty weak even at it's peak and i am positive the pitching will regress. Can i be considered a sox fan even though i am being realistic?

The game thread was pretty depressing until the sox took the lead. I was thinking another day of people being all b****y.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 1, 2005 -> 02:07 AM)
I don't want to say too much, because I'm really f***ing disgusted with some of these so f***ing called Sox fans.  But the god damn game isn't over in the 6th inning.

Of course we're gonna get upset when we're not scoring runs. It's frustrating and sometimes people gotta vent that's all.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 1, 2005 -> 03:14 AM)
Well i think our offense is gonna be pretty weak even at it's peak and i am positive the pitching will regress. Can i be considered a sox fan even though i am being realistic?

The game thread was pretty depressing until the sox took the lead. I was thinking another day of people being all b****y.

You can think whtever the hell you want to think. We have the best god damn record in th American League and you, among others, are b****ing like we are the f***ing Devil Rays.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 1, 2005 -> 03:24 AM)
You can think whtever the hell you want to think.  We have the best god damn record in th American League and you, among others, are b****ing like we are the f***ing Devil Rays.

Was i happy when the sox were winning? Hell yes. Did i think there was stuff we could improve on? Of course, every team can improve on something. Do i question guillen a lot? Sure, nearly every one does because of all his questionable decisions. Like timo ever batting fifth and how he f***s with the bullpen. It may not have hurt us much yet but i don't think it is out of the realm of possibilty of doing so if he keeps it up. I just say what i think could need improvement to help us in the long run. I don't think that implies i think we are the devil rays.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 1, 2005 -> 03:14 AM)

Realistic...maybe. But I happen to think that the offense CAN score when necessary, as they've proved in their wins. And there's no way to be "positive" that the pitching will regress. It's probable, but I happen to think that it doesn't have to.

The games are played because even though everybody thinks they know what's going to happen based on what's most probable, the unexpected can be a beautiful thing.

Was all this pessimism because I wasn't there!!! :nono

I think most of the time, most of us are fairly pessimistic, and that comes with probably what has happened over the past few seasons, and our whole history etc. We've had a great start, but before today, our last 3 games haven't been good at all, and we all desperately want us to return to the way we were playing when we were winning (which albeit actually wasn't that much better than the last 3 before today).

I take YASNY's point very well into consideration as we should all be absolutely stoked with the way this team has started off this month, but I also take qwerty's point in that this team still has holes and weaknesses that need improving. I wasn't watching the game today (stupid work), but if I was, I probably would have almost jumped off the cliff at the end of the 6th, you just can't strand 3 guys on base with 0 out. Luckily, we should all say one hell of a thank you very much to Mr. Hernandez for lighting a fire under his teammates asses, and even though he may not have been screaming much English :lol:, I'm sure his teammates got the message.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 1, 2005 -> 03:39 AM)
I think most of the time, most of us are fairly pessimistic, and that comes with probably what has happened over the past few seasons, and our whole history etc.

I also think the media constantly saying we won't succeed can also attribute to us doubting the team. That can take its toll too.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 1, 2005 -> 03:36 AM)
Realistic...maybe.  But I happen to think that the offense CAN score when necessary, as they've proved in their wins.  And there's no way to be "positive" that the pitching will regress.  It's probable, but I happen to think that it doesn't have to.

The games are played because even though everybody thinks they know what's going to happen based on what's most probable, the unexpected can be a beautiful thing.

Every single pitcher in our rotation out side of buehrle is pitching way above their heads. How many pitchers do you know that has a whip of 1.63 with and era of .270 ( hernandez)? You think contreras is gonna maintain a era in the low 3's? Possible because he does have the stuff. But he is not all there in the head when it comes to pitching. If garland keeps up what he is doing, well era under 3.50 i will gladly eat crow. Garcia is more like high three era pitcher up into the low fours. Buehrle is well buehrle. I will stick to what i said about being positive we will not maintain a 3.13 era throughout the year.

The main cogs in our line-up have been pretty brutal this year. Konerko has seven homeruns and then not much else. Dye has been awful along with horrible decisions in the field. Our outfield as a whole has been making way too many mental mistakes. We need both konerko and dye to get it going along with a healthy team sooner rather than later.

Trust me, i am as happy as anyone is right now.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 1, 2005 -> 03:48 AM)
Every single pitcher in our rotation out side of buehrle is pitching way above their heads.  How many pitchers do you know that has a whip of 1.63 with and era of .270 ( hernandez)? You think contreras is gonna maintain a era in the low 3's? Possible because he does have the stuff. But he is not all there in the head when it comes to pitching. If garland keeps up what he is doing, well era under 3.50 i will gladly eat crow. Garcia is more like high three era pitcher up into the low fours. Buehrle is well buehrle. I will stick to what i said about being positive we will not maintain a 3.13 era throughout the year.

The main cogs in our line-up have been pretty brutal this year. Konerko has seven homeruns and then not much else. Dye has been awful along with horrible decisions in the field. Our outfield as a whole has been making way too many mental mistakes. We need both konerko and dye to get it going along with a healthy team sooner rather than later.

Trust me, i am as happy as anyone is right now.

Ever heard of exceeding expectations? :gosox3:

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 1, 2005 -> 04:09 AM)
Yes.

Everyone having career years at once? No.

Do you want them to pitch s***ty because it's what you expect? I don't get it.

And Paulie and Dye can't play this bad forever. They're gonna have to snap out of it more sooner than later.

I'm not saying any of this is probable, but I'd rather have a good feeling about this year and enjoy the ride than have a "realistic" view about the team I go for and think they're going to break down soon.

I get that feeling that we're gonna lose just about every game too, but there's always that thought in the back of my mind that we're gonna win. To me, that's what makes me know I'm a fan. We can be pessimistic, but deep down you have to be expecting them to do some unexpected s***.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 1, 2005 -> 04:16 AM)
Do you want them to pitch s***ty because it's what you expect?  I don't get it.

And Paulie and Dye can't play this bad forever.  They're gonna have to snap out of it more sooner than later.

I'm not saying any of this is probable, but I'd rather have a good feeling about this year and enjoy the ride than have a "realistic" view about the team I go for and think they're going to break down soon.

I get that feeling that we're gonna lose just about every game too, but there's always that thought in the back of my mind that we're gonna win.  To me, that's what makes me know I'm a fan.  We can be pessimistic, but deep down you have to be expecting them to do some unexpected s***.

I never said i want them to pitch badly because it is what i expect. I wish they could maintain this. I love watching a good pitched game. But you said you think it is probable that they will maintain what they are doing now ( 3.13 era). That is with four of them pitching far better than their career numbers. Will one or two of them break out for us? Maybe, can only hope so. Will all four? No chance in hell. Once more i am being realistic, no way i can see them pitch like this all year. I don't know what it is but i just have a hunch four of our five starters will not have an era under three. This may just be me thinking this though.

I feel like the sox can win every game. But i can tell when there is a mismatch for us in a certain game. When i point that out does that make me any less of a fan? I sure hope not.

I am enjoying what the sox have done thus far. But i can't expect for the pitching to get worse? What f i think the offense needs to get better? If i do does it make me less of a fan either?

I am probally a bad fan for not thinking konerko is worth what he makes or that willie harris is not a bad player, alonggwith me liking politte and gload. I also don't think rowand is a great fielder along with podsednik, damnit, bad fan again. I think timo is awful too and i believe cotts needs grooming in triple a.

I am not a pessimistic fan. I just tell it like it is even if it's not liked by the vast majority.