Tiggers @ White Sox - Game 4-30-05

SoxFan1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
Let's not blame everything this offense is failing to do on Dye.

Iguchi, the one everyone was questioning coming into the MLB (eg: will he be able to hit major league pitching), turns out is the only one hitting major league pitching.

When you strand, what was it 16 runners?  Many on free passes, you do not deserve to win, against anyone, ever.

The hitting is beginning to worry me because we are now a month into the season and it has gotten worse, not better.  Meanwhile, the Twins are beating teams like the Angels and we struggle to string together 7 hits against one of the worst pitchers in baseball.

I leave Dye in the offense, drop him lower, do whatever, but leave him in.  We need our STARTING players to hit, Gload is NOT the answer.  Oh, and perhaps it's time to move Iguchi into the 3 spot, because he's the only one who can hit.

Yes, I'm quite annoyed that we are losing ground to the Twins when we are playing BAD teams.

-y2

Losing ground when playing bad teams. :headshake We lost A game to Detroit. Oakland is not a bad team.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
Willie's still in the lineup, Jermaine swings the bat pretty well last night and gets put on the bench tonight:

lf pods

2b iguchi

dh everett

1b konerko

rf perez

cf rowand

c pierzynski

3b crede

ss harris

Swinging the bat well? He had 1 hit and it should have been caught. How many rallies does Dead have to kill before people stop defending him?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
Willie's still in the lineup, Jermaine swings the bat pretty well last night and gets put on the bench tonight:

What's worse is Jermaine has faired well against Johnson (.333/.400/.900) in 18 AB's. Obviously, these numbers precede this season, but it's hardly worthy of pine time.

How is Dye expected to break out of his slump and contribute to this team when he sits against mediocre pitchers?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
Swinging the bat well?  He had 1 hit and it should have been caught.  How many rallies does Dead have to kill before people stop defending him?

He has done poorly recently, but Ozzie should wisely select the games he benches Dye. Today is not one of them.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
He has done poorly recently, but Ozzie should wisely select the games he benches Dye. Today is not one of them.

Poorly is not the word for it. This guy's performance is more like FUGLY to me. Calling him an automatic out is being overly generous to them.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
Swinging the bat well?  He had 1 hit and it should have been caught.  How many rallies does Dead have to kill before people stop defending him?

Lets see he hit that double pretty hard whether it should have been caught or not, he just missed hitting a ball out to left field, and that comebacker he hit to farnsworth was hit real hard.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
Poorly is not the word for it.  This guy's performance is more like FUGLY to me.  Calling him an automatic out is being overly generous to them.

What does that say about Timo, then, who's doing just about as bad, if not worse, than Dye?

Unbelievable. Our offense is slumping. So, what do we do? Put a guy with a career 81 OPS+ in the five spot. How brilliant is that?

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
Lets see he hit that double pretty hard whether it should have been caught or not, he just missed hitting a ball out to left field, and that comebacker he hit to farnsworth was hit real hard.

1. Got a hit cause the outfielder screwed up.

2. Warning track power is no good unless there's a man on 3rd with less than 2 out.

3. I dont care how hard he hit it.........a comebacker is a comebacker.

I don't think people would have a problem with Dye sitting out if it wasn't for the fact Timo is replacing him....and batting 5th. This lineup needs a total overhaul, but Ozzie tries to fix it by just replacing players in the same spot of the order.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
The sox are 3 and 0 this year when Timo's had 4 at bats in a game, just thought I'd add that.  I'm going to watch the game, b**** at me all you want about Timo.

That's a dumb stat. Sorry, but it is. Not trying to be an asshole, either.

Edited by CWSGuy406