Tiggers @ White Sox - Game 4-30-05

SoxFan1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
It hurts me to say it, but I don't want Konerko back next year.

If we're going to try and play smallball, we can't have Konerko on our team. He's the epitome of a homer or nothing player now, and we all know how slow he is. I'm with you, I've grown to love Konerko on the Sox. If we were to struggle, and find ourselves down 10 games or so around the deadline, we could get a boatload of talent for him.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
Still makes no sense to bat timo fifth don't care what anyone says.

i know I am late to the game, but I agree, it makes no sense.I don't want to pile on and get everyone on a tangent but Ozzie really does do some mind boggling things. Even when we are winning.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
Possibly lingering effects of the injured knee?

Do you remember him having blazing speed at any time this year? There are some very fast players in japan and he was suppose to be at the top of the list. I have not seen anything more than average speed out of him thus far.

QUOTE(3E8 @ May 1, 2005 -> 12:13 AM)
Possibly lingering effects of the injured knee?

He's been slow this entire season though. I didn't expect someone with Ichiro speed, but I thought he'd be able to steal 20 bases or so. Can't really complain about him though, at least he's playing the game the right way.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 1, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
Do you remember him having blazing speed at any time this year? There are some very fast players in japan and he was suppose to be at the top of the list. I have not seen anything more than average speed out of him thus far.

Not just that but he has not shown any power at all. I think I ahve seen him hit one or two balls to the warning track.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Is Iguchi really the one we should be complaining about?

I think that ground out should have been closer than it was. It was up the middle and infante was going the other way and iguchi gets beat out by three four steps?