Tiggers @ White Sox - Game 4-30-05

SoxFan1

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
I also think rowand is an overated defender. Sure he gets to almost everything but he always let's players advance another base by not being able to pick up the ball or running by it when someone gets a bas hit. Happens at least a week... is this not a concern?

Look no further than the route he took to the ball in the 1st inning. Thank god he caught it.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of thoughts:

- Pods is a bad defender. With his speed, he should be much better out there. He doesn't read balls very well at all.

- Our entire outfield play has sucked beyond belief this year. Terrible throws, terrible decisions, and too many dropped balls already.

- It's not just that our offense isn't scoring, but we're not even hitting the ball hard at all. This has been pathetic......and I don't see us turning it around anytime soon. We have easy outs in our lineup, period!

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
Minnesota with a safe lead on the Angels.

If our offense doesn't exit cropseball we are going under 1 game up tonight.

this offense sucks, its not even like its against santana and radke and millwood like it was early in the year....saarloos?? roberston?? johnson?? jeez this is pitiful, we have to acquire another bat

Guest JimH

I am talking to quickman on the phone and by the way he says Willie sucks.

Just so everybody knows.

I've been watching the Twins with Morneau back, and their lineup is damn good now. Stewart, Ford, Mauer, Jones, Hunter, and Morneau are all very tough outs. The Twins bullpen is also back to seemingly all having an ERA under 2.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 1, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
I am talking to quickman on the phone and by the way he says Willie sucks.

Just so everybody knows.

Lets not forget the rest of the team, only salvation for tonight is Kerry Wood going on the DL with a shoulder. Maybe tommorrow Guillen can bat Widger 3rd, perez 4th, and Lopez 5th. This is pathetic, they are lifeless. In one week they blew a 5 game lead. Looks like all those who said we would fade were dead on, just didn't think it would happen in a week.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
Wow, good for you.  I know Brewer fans too.  No one said experts don't matter, I just think you have a hard on for Podsednik.  Agree to disagree.

I am sorry, i will no longer mention his flaws considering everyone has fallen in love with him. There is no use, just a waste of time.

I don't hate podsednik i just think he is overated because of his stealing ability. That is the only thing he does very well. I will take him for the price he is getting paid and even what he is making next year but not much more than that.

On this board you cannot talk bad about timo, willie, garland, podsednik and crede without people attacking you. Not saying you are at all it is just old.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 1, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
I was surprised how bad Pods arm is. I mean realistically, and let's not start the big trade debate, but he's not a better left-fielder than Lee right? I mean they have to be equals at best correct?

Both of them are below average outfielders at what's the easiest position to play in baseball. I've been shocked more at the lack of extra base hits between Pods and Iguchi.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
I was surprised how bad Pods arm is. I mean realistically, and let's not start the big trade debate, but he's not a better left-fielder than Lee right? I mean they have to be equals at best correct?

Lee didn't have a cannon on his right shoulder either.

Reading this about Iguchi, yes he hasn't shown much power as of yet but it looks like he is trying to just get base hits and not do too much. I think he is trying to impress and not over due it....I think he has done a damn fine job thus far...a lot of other guys on this team could learn a thing or two from him...IMO

Guest JimH
I am sorry, i will no longer mention his flaws considering everyone has fallen in love with him.  There is no use, just a waste of time.

I don't hate podsednik i just think he is overated because of his stealing ability. That is the only thing he does very well. I will take him for the price he is getting paid and even what he is making next year but not much more than that.

On this board you cannot talk bad about timo, willie, garland, podsednik and crede without people attacking you. Not saying you are at all it is just old.

Attacking you, yeah right.

You said he was bad, I said he was not great but not bad either.

Saying he is overrated is different than saying he is bad. If you don't want people to challenge what you say, then say what you mean. Overrated because of his ability to steal bases, I would more tend to agree with that.

I have talked negatively about Harris many times, I haven't been attacked.

Guest JimH

Iguchi with the base hit.

Hey TQ, let's get on his ass because he has no power, how 'bout it?????????