SoxFan1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ May 1, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
Attacking you, yeah right.

You said he was bad, I said he was not great but not bad either.

Saying he is overrated is different than saying he is bad.  If you don't want people to challenge what you say, then say what you mean.  Overrated because of his ability to steal bases, I would more tend to agree with that.

I have talked negatively about Harris many times, I haven't been attacked.

speak for yourself.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 1, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
you are right that lee's arm is not good

But Lee had made himself to the point where he was at least an average LF'er (defensively). Which was more than acceptable considering what he did at the plate. He certainly wasn't as bad as people made him out to be, though.

As for Podsednik, I think his speed makes up for a lot of his bad reads. That being said though, I agree with Jim -- I don't think he's great, but he's not terrible either. Not much of a difference between he and Lee.

And so far this year, I appreciate Podsednik's job in working the count. I appreciate that he's followed through on his plan to swing for the fences less, and draw more walks/slap the ball around more. He'll never be a SLG% poweress, but hopefully he can keep his OBP above .350.

Alright. Let's go, sacks packed, nobody out. LET'S GO SOX! :headbang

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
Attacking you, yeah right.

You said he was bad, I said he was not great but not bad either.

Saying he is overrated is different than saying he is bad.  If you don't want people to challenge what you say, then say what you mean.  Overrated because of his ability to steal bases, I would more tend to agree with that.

I have talked negatively about Harris many times, I haven't been attacked.

I said you were not attacking me at all. But i have seen it many of times here. I believe i said he is overated as a whole and a bad defender. So i said what i meant and i satnd by it. Maybe there are not attacks but people do gang up on others often for different opinions. I am guilty of it too.

Guest JimH

Bad luck on the Konerko DP. Timo strikes out again, I will say that one of those two pitches was a ball, take your pick. Not taking him off the hook for not getting the bat on the ball but one of those pitches is out of the zone.

White Sox offense drinking game:

-Anytime the Sox committ a sacrifice bunt and fail to get the runner home, take a shot

-Any time a Sox pitcher walks the #9 hitter who has an average under .200 with two outs, drink two shots

-Errors deserve a shot

-Strikeouts looking deserve a shot

-One shot for each out scored when a runner on 3rd with 2 outs not scoring

-One shot for each double play Paul Konerko hits into

-One bottle for each double play Paul Konerko beats out

-Drink a case of beer when you find someone SLOWER than Paul Konerko

-Drink a shot when Timo Perez bats

-Bases loaded no outs, score no runs, rob a liquor store