Tiggers @ White Sox - Game 4-30-05

SoxFan1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim next time you make me turn on the game make sure they get one run in first. This game is over. They had there chance, just like last night. You capitalize or you lose. End of game. bases loaded nobody out twice, and we score 1 run.

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
like i said its april 30th. relax. s*** like this happens to the best of the them.

This is an offensive trend that i can see lasting for a long while. It will get better but not much. We can't get guys on and when we do we cannot get a clutch hit. That is not a very good combination. Also, out pitching will only get worse from here on out.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(JimH @ May 1, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
Bad luck on the Konerko DP.  Timo strikes out again, I will say that one of those two pitches was a ball, take your pick.  Not taking him off the hook for not getting the bat on the ball but one of those pitches is out of the zone.

you protect the plate if its close. Foul it off.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 1, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
What the f*** is Ozzie doing?  Why in the hell is El Duque still in the game?  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

Because he has absolutely no feel for the game. How many times have you seen him leave a batter in one inning too long? I know he tries to get the starter's confidence level up, but you also owe it to the team to make the proper decision. Hernandez is at 105 pitches starting this inning.......and it's not like he's not injury prone.

You can tell that the book on Konerko is out.....pitch him fastballs inside. He'll either chop it to the left side or take a called 3rd looking in there. He's not quick enough right now to get his hands inside the ball. Konerko should have been looking to right center w/the bases loaded, and not to pull the ball. I was worried he'd hit into a 5-4-3 triple play.

Guest JimH
you protect the plate if its close. Foul it off.

If you are hitting and he calls that inside pitch a strike, it stands to reason the other pitch 3 inches outside is a ball.

Not making excuses for him though. He did not get the job done, same as last nite. Either deliver or get out of the way.

Guest JimH
You can tell that the book on Konerko is out.....pitch him fastballs inside.  He'll either chop it to the left side or take a called 3rd looking in there.  He's not quick enough right now to get his hands inside the ball.  Konerko should have been looking to right center w/the bases loaded, and not to pull the ball.  I was worried he'd hit into a 5-4-3 triple play.

Agree

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 1, 2005 -> 01:11 AM)
I'm not hallucinating here am I? Didn't I read where the sox were going to be VERY careful to number Orlando's innings and number of starts because they know he'll get hurt if he goes 200 innings over 35 starts? I'm not a f***ing idiot am I?

We're all f***ing idiots for believing anything mgmt tells us. The fact that Timo got the start tonight after doing exactly what KW b****ed out Lee for doing last year shows what the Lee move really was (cost-cutting, even though I thought the end result was fine for our team).

Hawk says, "He made the right decision".

Ok, Hawk. Three weeks later, when Orlando is on the DL or going through a dead arm period, you can point (partly) to tonight. Who cares, we got three extra outs from him today, which will cost us down the road.

Guest JimH

We are all smart on this board, including me. He got out of it. 7th inning stretch, down 3-1.

TQ, did you just see the Southwest commercial? And the price to Pittsburgh?