Dan McNeil's Contract Situation

Does anyone know the latest on Dan McNeil's (from Mac, Jurko, and Harry) contract situation? For those of you who don't know, Mac's contract with AM 1000 expired at 7pm yesterday and he has become a free agent. While AM 1000 was having discussions with his agent, the Score is reportedly offering big money to bring McNeil back.

Dan McNeil has established his show as the best show on Chicago Sports Radio, and in my opinion will continue his success no matter where he is at.

I am just anxious to find out whats going to happen.

The big one will be... If Mac goes, who goes with him. I GUARANTEE if he leaves, he will take Adam and Ben (his producers) with him. I am not sure about the contracts of Jurko and Harry. I could see Jurko with Mac, but Harry won't leave AM 1000. In the end, if Mac ends up at the Score, I see him with one or two totally new partners.

I have a feeling we won't know anything until the middle of next week.

The big one will be... If Mac goes, who goes with him.  I GUARANTEE if he leaves, he will take Adam and Ben (his producers) with him.  I am not sure about the contracts of Jurko and Harry.  I could see Jurko with Mac, but Harry won't leave AM 1000.  In the end, if Mac ends up at the Score, I see him with one or two totally new partners.

I have a feeling we won't know anything until the middle of next week.

Where do I send my Resume for being a New Partner?

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)
I am not sure about the contracts of Jurko and Harry.  I could see Jurko with Mac, but Harry won't leave AM 1000.  In the end, if Mac ends up at the Score, I see him with one or two totally new partners.

Jurko and Harry signed new contracts within the last year or so. SO, they cant leave anytime soon.

What would the new Score line-up be be if they DID land Danny Mac?

My projections:

6-10 Mike North morning Show. (This is going to be here for a while since Pappy has such a lucratice contract.)

10-2: JHood and Dan Bernstein. (They would work well together. Hood was a former BandB producer.)

2-6: Doug Buffone, Danny Mac, and Terry Boers.

6-10: Murph (He recently signed a new contract. So, he will be there for a while or until he quites. If the Score lands the White SOx, then he will only be heard over the winter)

Who is gone: Rick Telender. That was a bad idea by Paul Agasee. He will be launched.

Mully will do fillins like he used to do.

AM 1000 is at a cross-roads.

I have spoken with Len Weiner, the program director, and he says the Bulls contract was an expensive, bad deal. But he needed to bite onto them to get the White Sox.

I think that if they lose Mac, then they lose lots of listeners to the score. Yeah, you could replace him with Golic, just because he's heavy too, which is part of the joke, they are all heavy...

Mac is an amazing character, and I don't see why he'd want to leave his co-hosts on the panel...although I do remember him being heated with Harry off the air at one point.

Either way, they are all hysterical, and when ESPN lost Kornheiser to TV and change of career, things were different.

Juday, Defalco and the younger guys could make for an interesting show too, because they seem to be in the know of what young men want...

Possible change with the MJH show compared to the previous 'Huge Show?'

Beastly, I agree with you on a lot of what you said. I am conflicted. As much as Mac Jurko and Harry fight and argue of air, they make one hell of an on-air show. I think Mac knows that, which would make it hard for him to leave.

Also, I am conflicted as to whether he should go to the Score simply because as a former intern I know there is a lot of crap that goes on around there. I have never been at 1000, but a friend of mine interned there for over a year (the Miracle Intern) and didn’t want to leave, but had to because he stuck around AFTER his internship because they promised him a job. It never happened because they refused to pay. So, both stations are pretty bad internally in my opinion.

As for the "young guys", going with an all young lineup will kill that station. To me, I dont like listnening to Carman and Defalco simply because it sounce like a more advanced college show. All the talk about hot chicks and their latest party, I dont care for that at all. I think strong ratings for Boers and Bersie in the last book shows that.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 1, 2005 -> 03:41 AM)
I think strong ratings for Boers and Bersie in the last book shows that.

And yet, you project that Boers and Bernstein will get broken up?

If you're basing it purely on the strength of Boers and McNeil having experience together, that would be pretty bad. I hope that you're not thinking along those lines. I've been listening to the Score daily since 1992 when I was a freshman in high school, and nobody can tell me that there has been a better show that B & B.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
What would the new Score line-up be be if they DID land Danny Mac?

My projections:

6-10 Mike North morning Show. (This is going to be here for a while since Pappy has such a lucratice contract.)

10-2: JHood and Dan Bernstein. (They would work well together. Hood was a former BandB producer.)

2-6: Doug Buffone, Danny Mac, and Terry Boers.

6-10: Murph (He recently signed a new contract. So, he will be there for a while or until he quites. If the Score lands the White SOx, then he will only be heard over the winter)

Who is gone: Rick Telender. That was a bad idea by Paul Agasee. He will be launched.

Mully will do fillins like he used to do.

I agree, Telander is one of the worst that I've ever heard.

Tommy Williams, for instance, is about a million times better than Telander, and yet, the Score let him go. I loved that guy.

It's time for Laurence Holmes to step in during the week. Here's what I'd like to see:

6-10: North

10-2: B & B

2-6: Hood, Holmes, Buffone

6-11: Murph

11-12: Rongy

Rosenbloom and Baum on Saturday mornings is a great show.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 1, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
They are remarkable condescending to their listeners and callers and they get off by doing things like mocking the anniversary of Darryl Kile's death. Nice guys

Right, but that's an inside thing between them and Cardinals nation. Those people are really wierd...I'd have to say "Obsessed much?" in my best Ace Ventura voice to them people. I guess that you have to listen day in and day out to really understand all of the inside jokes. They're not mocking or knocking Darryl Kile the person.

9 out of every 10 listeners that call in are retarded, and they merely point that out in hilarious fashion.

So whenever someone criticizes B & B, often times I envision that person as a reject caller with a vendetta. Not you, though.