The Simpsons

Ok we can all agree that The Simpsons is one of the greatest shows ever, proof: I pride myself on being a cheap bastard, yet I have no trouble overpaying for the Season 1, and 2 DVD collections. Now the Question is what is the greatest episode ever. My Top 5 are (drumroll please)

5)Bart's Comet (A Simple Classic)

4)Sideshow Bob Roberts (Sideshow Bob runs for Mayor)

3)Stone Cutters (Homer pulling the rock is a classic moment)

2)Flaming Moes (A classic episode of envy)

1)Monorail ("Monorail...Monorail...Monorail, I know lets buy a monorail!"...only springfield)

:cheers to The Simpsons

My top one is either:

The Haloween Special-The one with the guy who gets stabbed  in the beginning

or

The Kidnapper

The Halloween specials suck.

My faves are the one where Homer thinks Bart may be gay and he tries desperately to "butch" Bart up only, in classic Homer fashion, to have it blow up in his trying-to-do-good face and the episode where Homer steals Moes car for the insurance money. The part where Homer jumps out of Moe's car as it rolls down the hill and Homer rolls right back into it before it plunges off the cliff right in front of a police charity event on a boat is comic gold :lol:

Greatest show ever? Agreed! :cheers

My favorite episode is probably the one where they show the different days that Homer, Lisa, and Bart had; where Homer gets his finger chopped off and Lisa gets Linguo

That one is classic.

There are too many good ones....but I really liked the one where Marge got implants. Pretty damn funny.

I'm not sure if it's the greatest show ever.....one of the greatest cartoons ever, no doubt. They should come out with a Simpsons movie.

They should come out with a Simpsons movie.

The creators of the Simpsons were on 60 mins. last year, and they said that when the Show is over they will come out with a movie. :headbang :headbang

Probably me saying this will be sac religious, but when the current show is over why don't afer a movie or whatver create a new series where they now can start telling the Simpsons:Teenage years or something..Bart and Lisa is in highschool, and maggie is close to the age Lisa is now..Who knows

Man I don't think I could ever choose a favorite episode, I guess whichever one is on at the current time is my favorite.

I know CK was saying that the Halloween episodes suck, but the funniest Halloween one I ever saw the "Night of the Dolphin" one from a couple of years ago.

Wiggum is looking at Lenny's dead body after he was killed by dolphins the night before.

Wiggum:Hmm. Bottlenose bruises. Blowhole burns. Flipper prints.

This looks like the work of rowdy teens. Lou, cancel the prom. :lol:

best cartoon ever??..yes...but i would ra k south park right there with the simpsons...favorite tv show ever...has to be married with children...another show i loved was also from fox in the late 80's early 90's, in living colour..that show was firiggen hilarious

favorite simpson episode...rat milk one was funny...when marge went on vacation and homer lost maggie..when the flanders got custody of bart , lisa and maggie and they fliped out when they found out they wernt baptized was a riot

best  cartoon ever??..yes...but i would ra k south park right there with the simpsons...favorite tv show ever...has to be married with children...another show i loved was also from fox in the late 80's early 90's, in living colour..that show was firiggen hilarious

favorite simpson episode...rat milk one was funny...when marge went on vacation and homer lost maggie..when the flanders got custody of bart , lisa and maggie and they fliped out when they found out they wernt baptized was a riot

Damn....I forgot about South Park. I love that show. I'd rank Family Guy right up there as well....behind Simpsons and South Park.

And what did everyone think of the classic Beavis and Butthead? I personally felt those two were so damn stupid....it was funny.

And what did everyone think of the classic Beavis and Butthead?  I personally felt those two were so damn stupid....it was funny.

Beavis and ButtHead were money. Too bad Mike Judge felt compelled to give us "King of the Hill" at the expense of B&B.

Agreed. And though King of the Hill is a decent show....it is NOTHING compared to Beavis and Butthead.

:canada I liked the Halloween special where James Earl Jones read the Raven, just cause James Earl Jones has the best voice for that. My favorite I think is the Funzo one I'm berry mad at oooo. I like the Scorpio one and some others mentioned. You can "aquire" the one where they visit canada, and see the dodgers of foreign wars museum, great. Curling for loonies ha...

I hated the episode for when they all sang. That was so gay.

WSC, don't use a person's sexual orientation as a demeaning term. K thx.

Top Simpsons episodes have to be: (in no particular order)

1) Homer becomes the food critic for the newspaper

2) When they go to Japan

3) When Bart takes on Nelson (the one at the very beginning of the series with the water balloon fight)

4) When Bart steals Bonestorm

But Family Guy, SeaLab 2021, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law are all shows that are, IMHO, better than the current status of the Simpsons. If we are talking old school Simpsons when the series was much better than it is now then nothing can stand up to that.