Game Thread 5-1 Sox vs Pussycats

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 1, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
I know it's early, and he's been struggling, but I really would like to see Rowand batting 3rd against lefties.  I'm saying this before Everett bats so I don't sound like I'm whining if he makes an out here.  Rowand is great vs lhp, and I think would help generate some more offense.

LIKE I WAS SAYING! Good job Carl!

QUOTE(fathom @ May 1, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
I know it's early, and he's been struggling, but I really would like to see Rowand batting 3rd against lefties.  I'm saying this before Everett bats so I don't sound like I'm whining if he makes an out here.  Rowand is great vs lhp, and I think would help generate some more offense.

Nah!

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 1, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
Rowand's ass should be on the bench if he does not pick it up soon

Every year same story....no consistency at all

Rowand proved last year he could have a monster season, and he started off awful last year also. Rowand's been driving the ball better lately, so I'm not really concerned about him. Also, we don't have a CF if Rowand is on the bench. Pods is better suited in LF with his inability to read balls of the bat.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 1, 2005 -> 08:24 PM)
Rowand proved last year he could have a monster season, and he started off awful last year also.  Rowand's been driving the ball better lately, so I'm not really concerned about him.  Also, we don't have a CF if Rowand is on the bench.  Pods is better suited in LF with his inability to read balls of the bat.

Who cares if he did anything when we were out of it. Prove it when it matters.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 1, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
Who cares if he did anything when we were out of it. Prove it when it matters.

When we were out of it? It's not like we were 25 games out last season, and Rowand just beat up on AAA pitchers. He hit .319 after the ASB last season, and .298 before the ASB.

Guest JimH

I have never been effusive with my praise for Jon Garland but he just did a great job on that hitter. Strike 3, great pitch. Out of the inning, 4-0 Sox.

Doesn't it seem like Garland's slider to lefties is a lot tighter than it was in previous years? I remember Garland mostly throwing his loopy curveball that seemed to hang too often. Now, he's throwing a pitch that almost resembles Loaiza's nasty cutter. BTW, TWINS LOSE!