Game Thread 5-1 Sox vs Pussycats

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like someone mentioned earlier, Garland is making the other team beat him. In the 5th inning, the Tigers got the first two guys on, and Higgy was up, someone who has crushed Jon in the past. Previous years, it would have seemed like Garland would walk Higginson, and put the Tigers in a position to have a huge inning. Rather, Garland just let Higgy hit the ball today, and ended up getting out of the inning without allowing a run.

Garland has finally matured. I've been preaching patience for this guy for quite a while. Buehrle is the exception to the rule. He performed like a veteran with little big league experience. I knew JG had it in him, we just had to wait until he found it.

Guest JimH

Congratulations to Pedro Lopez on his first major league hit and RBI.

:cheers

5-0 Sox. Tigers to the bullpen for ex-Sox Matt Ginter.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 1, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Garland has finally matured.  I've been preaching patience for this guy for quite a while.  Buehrle is the exception to the rule.  He performed like a veteran with little big league experience.  I knew JG had it in him, we just had to wait until he found it.

and it's safe to say our 5th starter spot in the rotation may be a bit better then it was last year... :bang

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ May 1, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
and it's safe to say our 5th starter spot in the rotation may be a bit better then it was last year... :bang

I think we will have more wins out of the 5th starters spot after today's game than we had last year.