D'angelo Jimenez

MurcieOne

Is everyone as happy with D'Lo as I am???? He is becoming a complete player, even stealing bases. I just want everyone to let alitte Jimenez in their hearts and embrace this man I call D'Lo.

Current Stats.....

Avg .316

5 Doubles

4 Triples

2 Home Runs

37 Total Bases

6 RBI

10 Walks

6 Strikeouts

OBP .418

If he continues like this....... he's going to be playing in July at home for the All-star game. And we'll be playing at home in October.....for the series. :D

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murc....the Jimenez haters are going for your head now!  :D

I'm very happy...and if he drew 100 walks and struck out about 60 times....I'd be happy.

I'll second that. It's one thing to be a distraction that doesn't produce like K-layton. It's another thing to be a distraction and produce like Jimenez has thus far.

I'm very happy...and if he drew 100 walks and struck out about 60 times....I'd be happy.

I'll second that. It's one thing to be a distraction that doesn't produce like K-layton. It's another thing to be a distraction and produce like Jimenez has thus far.

Here's one thing I don't understand about him being a distraction....... I dont think he's as bad as everyone thinks..... Because Klesko said had some sour grapes all the sudden Jimenez is the next Albert Belle????

I think in this situation, Jimenez is going to thrive.

Here's one thing I don't understand about him being a distraction....... I dont think he's as bad as everyone thinks..... Because Klesko said had some sour grapes all the sudden Jimenez is the next Albert Belle????

I think in this situation, Jimenez is going to thrive.

A few on this board claim that the distraction is alive and well inside the White Sox Clubhouse though Murc..... and I trust one of the sources completely.

people say Jimenez is a lazy selfish prick.

well, he may be a prick (although that can't be confirmed), but lazy? four triples, two stolen bases, and a .400+ OBP. This for a guy who doesn't have great speed.

I don't see how a guy who been as aggressive as he has on the bases is selfish. I don't see a guy who sees 5-6 pitches an at bat selfish.

people say Jimenez is a lazy selfish prick.

well, he may be a prick (although that can't be confirmed), but lazy?  four triples, two stolen bases, and a .400+ OBP. This for a guy who doesn't have great speed.

I don't see how a guy who been as aggressive as he has on the bases is selfish. I don't see a guy who sees 5-6 pitches an at bat selfish.

Some of these people dissect a GS HR too though Molto :lol:

By not producing, you mean not hitting your weight for the first two months of the year, but then come July and August, you are a .300 hitter, right? :D

RAY WHO????

On my other board i always said the SOx sould pick him up. He's gonna quiet those people in San Diego Easy. The guy was Rated ahead of Soriano in the Yankees System before his accident

I've long been a big D'Angelo supporter from the days before we made the trade. I liked him in the Yankee system and liked him with the Padres, and then we got him.

So far he's doing freaking awesome. I have always thought he's one of those rare guys with the potential to have a .400 OBP at the leadoff slot. He's very agressive on the paths and seems to be a very good baserunner. I hope Jose teaches him more techniques on the path.

I don't think we can say he's better than Durham, that would be too early, BUT I do think he can be easily more productive than Durham.

He will take pitches, walk, won't strikeout much, and has a nice swing level swing which will keep him consistent.

durham played his ass off here for 7 years..ill never figure out the hated for durham....i guess other teams saw his worth because in an off season where guys like brian daubach had to sign minor league contracts durham got a 20 million dollar deal from the defending NL champs..durham imo is the 3rd best 2nd baseman in baseball right now..

you can make your case for jimenez by not ragging on ray..jimenez is off to a real hot start and i hope it continues...but he does have a rep as being a cry baby when things dont go his way..and it wasnt just klesko who ripped on him..nevin and ron gant did too..and gant's a guy that always been a well respected clubhouse guy..

i like the things d'angelo is doing so far...but lets make sure he isnt the problem child that he has been in years past..hopefully he has grown up a little and the fresh start with us is what he needed...he has a great opportunity here...i hope he doesnt blow it

Here's the bottom line on this topic...

Ray was NOT going to stay with the Sox. He ended up getting $8M per season. The Sox spent that money on Bartolo Colon. What did the Sox need more going into the '03 season -- a #1 type pitcher or a lead-off man? I'll go with the former.

We're paying D'Angelo about $300k, and so far he's playing AMAZINGLY well. Will he keep this pace up? Highly unlikely. But will he give us solid numbers and give our big guns a chance to drive in a lot of runs? I'd have to say yes.

So basically we've got BC and D'Angelo for the same money as Ray is making this season -- which would you prefer?

Ray was NOT going to stay with the Sox.  He ended up getting $8M per season.  The Sox spent that money on Bartolo Colon.  What did the Sox need more going into the '03 season -- a #1 type pitcher or a lead-off man?  I'll go with the former.

Damn right Clujer. We're not the number 2 SP staff in the AL only behind NY for nothing.

Ray was NOT going to stay with the Sox.  He ended up getting $8M per season.  The Sox spent that money on Bartolo Colon.  What did the Sox need more going into the '03 season -- a #1 type pitcher or a lead-off man?  I'll go with the former.

Damn right Clujer. We're not the number 2 SP staff in the AL only behind NY for nothing.

ray signed at 3 years 20 million with a 7 million dollar option for a 4th

I'm sure those 6 games against Detroit had nothing to do with it.

I'm sure those 6 games against Detroit had nothing to do with it.

plus another 5 against the 2nd worst hitting team in cleveburg..before we declare this staff on par with the skanks we gott a take on a few of the big boys..

but it is promising so far