Bull put on DL

I didn't see this anywhere so I thought I would post this.

BARONS NOTES: Corwin Malone makes his first start for Birmingham since the 2003 season tonight when he faces Chattanooga's Phil Dumatrait (0-1, 4.50).

Malone (0-1, 6.52) opened the 2002 season 9-3 as the Barons' ace, earned the starting assignment in the Southern League All-Star Game and won two of three decisions against prospects Mark Prior and Jake Peavy. His 2002 season was cut short due to arm troubles. He made only eight starts the next season, due to elbow problems.

Malone underwent Tommy John surgery to reconstruct his elbow 13 months ago and is considered ahead of schedule on his return to professional baseball.

"He'll give us all he has," Shines said. "I know that about Corwin Malone. Hopefully, he'll give us four solid innings."

Pitcher Tetsu Yofu is expected to join the Barons today, replacing starter Jim Bullard on the roster. Bullard (2-1, 2.70) is going on the disabled list with back pains. Yofu went 12-10 in parts of two seasons with the Barons.

Not sure if Malone is replacing Bullard or taking someone else's spot in the rotation, but I hope Bull gets well soon. Hopefully Malone is replacing Lubisich over the long haul.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 1, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
Hopefully Bull is back soon and if we get lucky, he'll update us right here.

Get well soon Bull.

He doesn't have internet access right now, but he is ok. He is coming off the DL on Tuesday and will be making his scheduled start on Wednesday.

QUOTE(bullfan @ May 1, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
He doesn't have internet access right now, but he is ok.  He is coming off the DL on Tuesday and will be making his scheduled start on Wednesday.

I forgot about the 7 day DL in the minors... If you see Jim, send him Soxtalk's well wishes!