Garland Haters and Lovers prior to 05'

I'm happy for Jon. It's about time all those stats the Garland-loving stat-heads threw my way turned into direct results in the W-L column for the month of April.

But as Harvey Keitel said so eloquently in "PULP FICTION"..... "Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet."

There's still plenty of time for Judy to make an appearance or five.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 2, 2005 -> 03:29 AM)
I could never tell if you were a lover or a hater . You saw his good points and his bad ones.  The point is just to have a lil fun. Are you the thread police?

I am and this one sux, just having a 'lil fun'. :P

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 1, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
I have researched past threads on the topic of Jon Garland prior to this season. Below is a list of JG Haters and Lovers. If you dont see your name on the list it means I couldn't figure out where you stood by your posts or I saw no posts.

Haters:  Qwerty, Santo=dorf, KnuckleSox1, witesoxfan, Soxfest, Jordan4life_2004, babybearhater, Soxwatcher, EvilJester99, Soxnbears01, poorme, 1549, jeremyb, mreye, mmmmmbeeer, wharris1, Yoda, BigDub, Cubkilla, Aboz56, knightni, IndySoxFan

Lovers :    Jeckle2000, T R U , CWSGUY406, greg775, Dbaho, soxfan101, Yasny, JDsDirtySox, Kapkomet, Rowand44, ChiSoxFan, Heads22,  Palehosefan, DanMan31, HammerheadJohnson, daSox24, BridgeportHeather, TexSox, Soxfan420, FlaSoxxJim, greasywheels161, Reddy, Jake, ChiSoxmatt, GeneHondaCivic, MurcieOne  and of course CaliSoxfanViaSWside.

This is just a sample list . A lot of the haters posted over and over. But many of the haters also said Jon would be fine with them as a 5th starter so it seems everyone got their wish , Jon is a #5 and is fulfulling his potential.

I won't even try and act like I wasn't a Garland hater before this year. lol. I'll happily eat as much crow as you want.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 1, 2005 -> 09:39 PM)
I've always been a Garland backer. You could check back to my WSI days.

Sorry Nite, just didnt see any posts by you in the threads I looked at. But thanks again for adding me to Crede's Crew. I might have no life but I'll be the first to admit my "research" only covered a few threads that looked meaningful.

QUOTE(NCsoxfan @ May 1, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
What is Garlands contract status?  How many more years is he locked up?  Sorry this is off topic, I just didnt want to start a new thread just for that.

Arbitration eligible after this year and then a free agent after the 06 season.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 1, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
Sorry Nite, just didnt see any posts by you in the threads I looked at. But thanks again for adding me to Crede's Crew. I might have no life but I'll be the first to admit my "research" only covered a few threads that looked meaningful.

It was over 2 years ago I'm pretty sure. Can't tell you the exact threads. Lots of times they said they hated his California attitude and I didn't mind it(JG'S attitude).

QUOTE(CubKilla @ May 1, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
I'm happy for Jon. It's about time all those stats the Garland-loving stat-heads threw my way turned into direct results in the W-L column for the month of April.

But as Harvey Keitel said so eloquently in "PULP FICTION"..... "Let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet."

There's still plenty of time for Judy to make an appearance or five.

I'd settle for 20 and 5.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 1, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
I knew my irrational defense of every Sox player would pay off at some distant, inconsequential point in the future...

Now don't bring up I was always on the Koch bandwagon....

Hey, how come you always were on the Koch bandwagon?

QUOTE(knightni @ May 2, 2005 -> 06:22 AM)

I dunno why, but sometimes I miss Brando... :D

I mean, that thread is pure comedy. Judy got molested? Holy s***, put that dude down as hater extraordinare.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 2, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
I dunno why, but sometimes I miss Brando... :D

I mean, that thread is pure comedy.  Judy got molested?  Holy s***, put that dude down as hater extraordinare.

Why did Brando get banned anyway?

I musta missed it.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 2, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
Brando was way too confrontational for my taste. Plus, he would get personal with people.

But, I'm not going to "bust" on people who can't defend themselves. That would be unfair.

I'm sure he's having fun at Northsidebaseball.com.

I'm not on the list because I'm neither a JG hater or lover.

I've always been just "satisfied" with Jon. He's been a valuable, consistent 12-game winner, but not anything to get really excited about, not even for himself.

I love the results so far this year, though. :D

EDITED to add that I've always hated the "Judy" nickname, just because it's not funny or clever. Wowzerz, you're calling him a woman.... :rolly

Edited by The Critic