Welcome to the Illini Richard Semrau

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice pick-up. A top 50 big man from this class is a definite jewel. Especially one that won't think about entering the draft from hs like about 10 players from this class could. Semrau apparently had offers from Florida, Wake Forest, Illini, Indiana, Louisville, Purdue, and UCLA. UNC was also showing some interest in him, but too little too late apparently.

Here's a short description of him from scout.com

"Athletic frontcourt prospect has good hands and footwork. Has a soft touch around the basket, good skills, and knows how to score. Will run the court and excels on the offensive end of the floor."

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 1, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
Brandon Rush is also considering Illinois. As are Anthony Sparks, Mike Davis, and Curtis Brown. Jamar Smith has already committed to Illinois.

Curtis Brown, Anthony Sparks, and Mike Davis will not be Illini. Are '05 class is Chester Frazier, Jamar Smith, and Charles Jackson with a very very good chance at Brandon Rush if what I'm hearing is correct. :ph34r:

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ May 1, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
Curtis Brown, Anthony Sparks, and Mike Davis will not be Illini.  Are '05 class is Chester Frazier, Jamar Smith, and Charles Jackson with a very very good chance at Brandon Rush if what I'm hearing is correct. :ph34r:

Rush is the 3rd ranked prospect........that would rawk!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 1, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
Rush is the 3rd ranked prospect........that would rawk!

Depends who you go by.

99... what you think the chances are of us getting young? I have heard he has serious interest in us. What about thaddeus young? I know they are down the future but i am always for looking towards the future.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 1, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
Depends who you go by.

99... what you think the chances are of us getting young? I have heard he has serious interest in us. What about thaddeus young? I know they are down the future but i am always for looking towards the future.

You list Young twice. Thaddeus Young has kept his recruitment pretty quiet so far. He has his list down to 5 or 6 but hasn't stated who is on it in public yet. My gut feeling would be it is very unlikely he ends up an Illini.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ May 1, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
You list Young twice.  Thaddeus Young has kept his recruitment pretty quiet so far.  He has his list down to 5 or 6 but hasn't stated who is on it in public yet.  My gut feeling would be it is very unlikely he ends up an Illini.

f*** i meant conley for being the one i heard about have a good amount of interest. Young was suppose to be second.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 1, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
f*** i meant conley for being the one i heard about have a good amount of interest. Young was suppose to be second.

Conley=0 chance forget about him right now, he's basically down to OSU and Wake. The PGs we are going to go after are Sherron Collins (most people think he is as good or better than Conley), and then a few others namely some Willie Kemp, Will Walker, Trevon Hughes, and Josue Soto. Another possibility is Marques Johnson, who plays AAU ball with Semrau who is a combo guard 6-5 who can play some point.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 1, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Dee's not going anywhere, but im still not confident that we're gonna be good next year. It all depends on how Augie progresses, how good Randle, Arnold, Brock, and Pruitt are, and how Carter and McBride progress

You guys will be absolutely fine.

Two things:

- There's a much better chance of Dee leaving then people think. I'd say it's 50/50.

- Semrau is going to free fall in the rankings unfortunately. He had an awful tournament last wknd, with one major recruiting scout wondering what the hell happened to him. Hopefully it doesn't turn into another David Palmer episode.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 1, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
Two things:

- There's a much better chance of Dee leaving then people think.  I'd say it's 50/50.

- Semrau is going to free fall in the rankings unfortunately.  He had an awful tournament last wknd, with one major recruiting scout wondering what the hell happened to him.  Hopefully it doesn't turn into another David Palmer episode.

really, i thought that Dee was comin back for sure. where did you hear otherwise

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 2, 2005 -> 04:57 AM)
really, i thought that Dee was comin back for sure. where did you hear otherwise

Once Dee makes his decision, I'll be happy to share the information I know about the situation with you. Until then, I'll just wait to see what really happens. In no way though is it a lock he'll be back.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
Once Dee makes his decision, I'll be happy to share the information I know about the situation with you.  Until then, I'll just wait to see what really happens.  In no way though is it a lock he'll be back.

well if he did leave i think it would be a dumb move. He will be a second round pick at the highest. If he stays he will be the man next year with head and dwill gone and will have a great opportunity to really show off his skills, esp. his shooting and offensive skills.

QUOTE(shagar69 @ May 2, 2005 -> 05:14 AM)
well if he did leave i think it would be a dumb move. He will be a second round pick at the highest.  If he stays he will be the man next year with head and dwill gone and will have a great opportunity to really show off his skills, esp. his shooting and offensive skills.

Dee's stock will never be higher. Even if he stays and plays pg next year, there's already a handful of guys who will likely be in the draft (Gibson, D-Wash, Diaz, Brewer, Collins) that would be picked above him at the pg spot.