if we are still in first place at deadline

soxfan420

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 2, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
It's really not worth talking about sinc eit's just a fatnasy trade for the sake of discussing but I really think that it wouldn't take more than Konerko to get Helton. You wouldn't have to trade Sweeney. Just because you'd take on an enormous amount of money. I think Helton stays put hti syear but could be a Met or Oriole heading into 06

They have no interest in konerko. They are gonna want back two blue chip prospects for him. Doesn't matter how much money he costs, he is one of the premier hitters in baseball.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If not Clemens, how about this guy as another pitcher really worth looking into

Jason Schmidt with the Giants. They should be out of it and they will be dumping their AARP team.

On a similar note, if he is healthy and has shown to be productive, how about Moises Alou for LF....move Pods to CF to take over from the inconsistent Rowand

Let Carl play RF until he breaks an arm or something....then move Dye or Rowand there :)

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)

Jason Schmidt with the Giants. They should be out of it and they will be dumping their AARP team.

On a similar note, if he is healthy and has shown to be productive, how about Moises Alou for LF....move Pods to CF to take over from the inconsistent Rowand

Let Carl play RF until he breaks an arm or something....then move Dye or Rowand there :)

:huh What? "Inconsistent" Rowand? its 1 month. AaRow had the same slow start last year, and in 2003. I think we know how that turned out. And by God iif I see one more person say Carl can play RF...did you guys not watch him when he played CF for us in his last go round in a Sox uni? Carl Everett is NOT a productive outfielder anymore, I'm sorry. He is great to spell someone if need be for 1 day or 2, but he is NOT a starting outfielder anymore.

Lets wait mroe than 1 month into the season before we worry about replacing guys off to slow starts.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 2, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)

I know we are just throwing out ideas, but to be quite honest, some of yours have been not so good.

Castilla is old, costs a ton of money, and is producing right now for Washington. Considering everything, even if Castilla outproduces Crede numbers wise, Crede is still better than Castilla...younger, cheap for a little while anyways, more value if needed to be moved. Then again, I don't like Castilla a lot - not many on here do either though.

Rhodes is in Cleveland. I doubt the Sox trade with Cleveland, even if they are out of it. Cleveland is still an up and coming franchise, and the Sox will not want to help them out in the future.

While I absolutely love Schmidt, he would cost an arm and a leg, and that is not something the Sox can afford to give up. They are playing outstanding baseball right now, and the rotation should not be f***ed with, unless Duque gets hurt, or Contreras starts to f*** up. I don't see MB or Garcia being bad in the near future, and Garland has finally figured s*** out. They have probably the top rotation in the AL right now, and possibly the top 1-2-3 in the AL as well.

(also, to get Schmidt, it would cost atleast McCarthy and Anderson...a price too high to pay when starting pitching is not a need, or even something that could be upgraded a ton)

And, quite honestly, I absolutely hate the thought of Alou. Not that I wouldn't mind his bat, but we have absolutely no room for another OFer. We already have Pods, Rowand, Dye, and Everett, we have Timo has the should-be 5th OFer, Willie can play a little OF as can Gload and Ozuna, and with Sweeney and Anderson in the minors, along with Owens and Young, there are about 6-8 starters in that group and 4 reserve OFers...so no.

If Frank can't come back this year, and we could package like Dye, Young, and Diaz plus cash for a substantial upgrade in RF, then by all means do it. I just don't see that happening at all.

I honestly see the only upgrade, right now, being in the pen, with that upgrade probably being Wagner. And, quite honestly, I think he is attainable too. You'd end up having to give up a stud prospect not named McCarthy in the deal, but that is not a huge problem at all, considering the depth the Sox have in the OF.

I could also see an upgrade/paycut/both being made at 1B potentially too, but I just don't think they will dump Konerko midseason.