Lyndie England pleads guilty

southsider2k5

Well, I'm pretty sure the only branch that you need to be a rocket scientist to get into would be the Air Force, and I do believe that is only to fly the jets that you need a REALLY high GPA. But I also am pretty sure you can be a little slow and be infantry. Heck, look at Forrest Gump and Bubba. :D

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 2, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
Defense lawyer Rick Hernandez said last week that the defense will present evidence during sentencing that England has severe learning disabilities and mental health problems.

Can I be the first to say -- Then how the f*** did she get into the military?!

I know there's a few blithering idiots in the military but this looks to me like a horses*** insanity type defense.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 2, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
I know there's a few blithering idiots in the military but this looks to me like a horses*** insanity type defense.

The insanity defense works better for the gen pop because, correct me if I am wrong, there is a pretty elaborate screening process that checks for this sort of stuff in the armed forces right Nuke?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 2, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
The insanity defense works better for the gen pop because, correct me if I am wrong, there is a pretty elaborate screening process that checks for this sort of stuff in the armed forces right Nuke?

According to my uncle there is.. he's Air Force though, but I imagine it's pretty standard for all branches.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 2, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)

Yup. You at the very minimum have to have a HS education and from there the jobs you are eligible for are based on an exam you have to take before you enter.

No link -- just had CNN on.

Defense called Graner as a witness during penalty phase. He said that she was just following orders. The judge stopped the proceedings and said that if she was just following orders then the defense needed to have a not guilty plea. So the judge declared a mistrial and now the whole trial has to start all the f*** over again.