Browns TE Winslow Injured

Sometimes smart guys do stupid things..

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/1113/1460453.html

Rowand: 'My dirt bike days are over'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Associated Press

CHICAGO -- Chicago White Sox outfielder Aaron Rowand was scheduled for surgery Wednesday after being injured in an off-road dirt bike accident.

Rowand broke two ribs and the his left shoulder blade. He also bruised his left shoulder in the accident earlier this month.

Rowand said he was riding trails near Las Vegas with his brother-in-law and was traveling 20 mph before hitting a "hump.'' That sent him flying headfirst over the handle bars, and Rowand tumbled down a 25-foot embankment.

"My dirt bike days are over,'' Rowand told the Daily Herald of Arlington Heights. "It's going to be sold.''

QUOTE(Steff @ May 2, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
Sometimes smart guys do stupid things..

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/1113/1460453.html

Rowand: 'My dirt bike days are over'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Associated Press

CHICAGO -- Chicago White Sox outfielder Aaron Rowand was scheduled for surgery Wednesday after being injured in an off-road dirt bike accident.

Rowand broke two ribs and the his left shoulder blade. He also bruised his left shoulder in the accident earlier this month.

Rowand said he was riding trails near Las Vegas with his brother-in-law and was traveling 20 mph before hitting a "hump.'' That sent him flying headfirst over the handle bars, and Rowand tumbled down a 25-foot embankment.

"My dirt bike days are over,'' Rowand told the Daily Herald of Arlington Heights. "It's going to be sold.''

:notworthy :notworthy

That Rowand...what a prick/genius he is; same goes for that damn Jay Williams too.

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ May 2, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
What state is Miami in?

Winslow made the quote after a University of Miami versus University of Tennessee football game at the Orange Bowl, the home stadium of the University of Miami Hurricanes in the city of Miami in the state of Florida.

However, I'm with Sleepy on this one, from the sounds of it, you were implying he attended the University of Florida in Gainesville.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
Winslow made the quote after a University of Miami versus University of Tennessee football game at the Orange Bowl, the home stadium of the University of Miami Hurricanes in the city of Miami in the state of Florida.

However, I'm with Sleepy on this one, from the sounds of it, you were implying he attended the University of Florida in Gainesville.

Oh no, i'm sure it confused everyone and ruined their day :huh

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
Then why the, "What state is Miami in?"

Why the hell not? Are you trying to start crap here with everyone? You should be the last person to argue with people over wording. You are calling people tools for using pet names and do it in other threads.

I knew what school Winslow went to, I was thinking Miami and accidentally typed Florida. It was a simple mistake. I knew what I was thinking and most of the other people in the thread didn't seem too worried when I made a faux pas.

You really need to relax.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ May 2, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
Why the hell not?  Are you trying to start crap here with everyone?  You should be the last person to argue with people over wording.  You are calling people tools for using pet names and do it in other threads. 

I knew what school Winslow went to, I was thinking Miami and accidentally typed Florida.  It was a simple mistake.  I knew what I was thinking and most of the other people in the thread didn't seem too worried when I made a faux pas. 

Whoa, that's about a 9 on the intensity scale there. Everyone just be cool.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2005 -> 05:34 AM)
Genius.  I wonder if the Browns can void his contract?

"ESPN.com and the NFL Network both reported Winslow's contract contains wording that forbids him to ride a motorcycle. If Winslow breached the contract he may have to repay part or all of his $6 million signing bonus and $4.4 million option."

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ May 2, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
Why the hell not?  Are you trying to start crap here with everyone?  You should be the last person to argue with people over wording.  You are calling people tools for using pet names and do it in other threads. 

I knew what school Winslow went to, I was thinking Miami and accidentally typed Florida.  It was a simple mistake.  I knew what I was thinking and most of the other people in the thread didn't seem too worried when I made a faux pas. 

For the record you said at Florida, which would imply a school or something that is not a state. You would say in Florida if it was the state. Relax, admit you screwed up, no one cares, and move on.