The time has come to .....

sox-r-us

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 2, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
I said before the season Dusty wouldn't last the season, and I'm sticking to it.

If you've ever seen the episode of South Park where Cartman saw the Buttheads and lost his sense of humor because they were so funny, that's what my reaction would be if the Cubs fired Baker during this season. This doesn't mean that I don't doubt your prediction, I mean it would be the biggest 180 from the Cubs fans stroking his shlong to him being fired...

with that said I don't think they'll fire him this year, they'll let him use the injury excuse one more time.... even though the Sox haven't used it, and the Cardinals won't use it with Issringhausen (sp?)

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 3, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
If you've ever seen the episode of South Park where Cartman saw the Buttheads and lost his sense of humor because they were so funny, that's what my reaction would be if the Cubs fired Baker during this season.  This doesn't mean that I don't doubt your prediction, I mean it would be the biggest 180 from the Cubs fans stroking his shlong to him being fired...

with that said I don't think they'll fire him this year, they'll let him use the injury excuse one more time.... even though the Sox haven't used it, and the Cardinals won't use it with Issringhausen (sp?)

Replace Dusty in there for Sosa and that post still makes sense :drink

I actually work with several cubs fans, and they want to see Dusty go. its hard to ignore the poor in game decisions he makes and the terrible use of the bullpen. Dusty is a huge factor in destroying several players arms, including Jason Schmidt, Mark Prior, Kerry Wood, Chad Fox, etc etc. He poorly manages his pitching staff, and his lineup from day to day. I have never seen someone change the lineup to make such little sense. When D Lee was on a nasty hitting streak, the day after he hits 2 bombs, he moves him to 8th in the order. He is a players coach because he doesnt yell, and lets them do what they want, but he is a terrible manager, and I think cubs fans are starting to see that.