Impressed by Iguchi?

GoArow33

Wow Tada is actually 11th in AL AVG. I have to say I don't mind him being on this team at all. Iguch is the man. Damn that Chacin and his rookie of the month. Guch for ROY. :) :canada (we really need a japanese flag smilie, we harbor 2 of few in the league!).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2005 -> 08:22 AM)
I know I am as well.  The impressive thing about his offense is who he is getting hits against.  It always seems like his hits come against the tough pitchers.  I remember he hit Santana like a pro, and a couple of other guys.  Tads is solid.

he had two solid hits off Santana....I love this guy....Kenny took a low-cost risk and it has paid off big time. And now we have a nice sub in Willie.

So far so good on Iguchi, I am interested to see what adjustments are made by pitchers once they get a look at him. I think that he is going to see a lot more slow curves and sliders the next time through the division. He has proven that he can hit the hard stuff, has stuggled a bit against good breaking balls. Hopefully he will be able to make adjustments to whatever the pitchers throw at him.

On another note, I am new to the site and love what I see so far. It will be nice to have somewhere to "SoxTalk" with fellow fans.

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ May 3, 2005 -> 07:59 AM)
So far so good on Iguchi, I am interested to see what adjustments are made by pitchers once they get a look at him.  I think that he is going to see a lot more slow curves and sliders the next time through the division.  He has proven that he can hit the hard stuff, has stuggled a bit against good breaking balls.  Hopefully he will be able to make adjustments to whatever the pitchers throw at him.

On another note, I am new to the site and love what I see so far.  It will be nice to have somewhere to "SoxTalk" with fellow fans.

Yes welcome to the darkside!!

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ May 3, 2005 -> 08:59 AM)
So far so good on Iguchi, I am interested to see what adjustments are made by pitchers once they get a look at him.  I think that he is going to see a lot more slow curves and sliders the next time through the division.  He has proven that he can hit the hard stuff, has stuggled a bit against good breaking balls.  Hopefully he will be able to make adjustments to whatever the pitchers throw at him.

On another note, I am new to the site and love what I see so far.  It will be nice to have somewhere to "SoxTalk" with fellow fans.

Welcome to Soxtalk :cheers

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ May 3, 2005 -> 08:59 AM)

Good to have you here! :cheers :gosox1:

KW said he expects the power to come eventually as well, pretty much a mirror image of Hideki Matsui's 1st season for the Yankees. Either way, it's been one of the better off-season signings without a doubt so far.

Oh and Kaz Matsui and his $7,000,000 salary, .274/.330/.321 compared to Gooch's splits of .333/.371/.370. ;)

Iguchi seems like the kind of player that Ozzie loves. He's smart, tough and unselfish. Batting in the 2 hole he knows what his role is, getting on base and moving runners. He has done a terrific job so far. I agree that the power numbers will come once he feels a bit more comfortable.

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:35 AM)
Iguchi seems like the kind of player that Ozzie loves.  He's smart, tough and unselfish.  Batting in the 2 hole he knows what his role is, getting on base and moving runners.  He has done a terrific job so far.  I agree that the power numbers will come once he feels a bit more comfortable.

Iguchi's doing the job as a number two hitter. He'll pick his spots and put a few in the bleachers.

Welcome to Soxtalk.

I for one love him. He had the clutch hit on Saturday night. Something that was sorely missing that last few games. Anyway, defensively, he always has a good read on a ball. Rarely do I see him have to dive for a ball. He just needs to learn how to get out the way while turning a DP. That's how he got hurt last week, as we all know.

We as Sox fans can take pride in Iguchi. Several people outside of our Pale Hose Nation thought we were kool-aid drinkers about the way we talked about Iguchi in the off-season. Who's drinking the kool-aid now?

We knew he could hit 290-290. We are pleasantly surprised that he's hitting .333. Everett & Pods deserve some credit as well providing him protection so that he's sure to see good pitches across the plate.

Don't worry about the HR's. They will come. Just wait until the warm weather arrives.

Now if only Dye could start approaching his career avg we might run away from the rest.

QUOTE(3E8 @ May 3, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
Not to mention Konerko and Rowand as well.

yeah...i'm surprised the sox are getting production from pods, iguchi, crede, willie...etc....and not Konerko and Rowand....the power leader and average leader on the team last year.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2005 -> 07:22 AM)
I know I am as well.  The impressive thing about his offense is who he is getting hits against.  It always seems like his hits come against the tough pitchers.  I remember he hit Santana like a pro, and a couple of other guys.  Tads is solid.

Tads is our Ichiro.

Iguchi reminds me a lot of Ichiro....nothing fancy. In fact some of his mechanics may look horrible to the naked eye....but he puts the bat on the ball, rarely chases bad pitches and when he makes contact he tries to steer the ball into the gap or over the infielder

Very good pick up Kenny

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:56 AM)
DJ was rattling on several times about the only pitch Iguchi and other Japanese players haven't seen and will have trouble with is a change up.

I remember that too, then 2 seconds later he laced one of Santana's into left field. I think the fastball is what has been giving him some trouble, but I think he sees all pitches very well. Not to mention he turns the double play extremely quickly, which I love.

and your avatar is distracting