Impressed by Iguchi?

GoArow33

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 4, 2005 -> 04:50 AM)
I think he will be solid but no where close to what he did last year.

I think he will be close, if not have even better overall numbers. We'll see, I guess.

The issue from the off-season that I generally picked up round here was this. We had Willie Harris, for about $400,000 you'd get a guy who would probably improve a little on his .265ish AVG and .340 OBP. Would Iguchi be enough of a difference at an extra $2 mill to improve on those stats?

But I think one thing that was generally missed out of all of those was that Iguchi has turned into pretty much the perfect #2 hitter for us. Would Willie have been able to do that CONSISTENTLY (which was his main problem in the 1st place) behind Pods? I doubt it.

Also know Iguchi would almost have to be hitting over 100 points more than Kazuo Matsui for $5,000,000 less. Shrewd signing KW, keep em coming. :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 4, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
I love the way Iguchi flips the bat after he pulls the ball for a hit or homer.  Its kind of like Boone (Who I happen to hate) but more classy in a sense cause he just flicks it and starts running.

Juice Boone is a pud, plain and simple. But I do not mind it when Gooch does a small flip like that at all