Jamie Burke??

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 3, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
Anyone know something about this?  I was just looking at the active roster on Chisox.com, and Jamie Burke is listed as a catcher.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...ve.jsp?c_id=cws

Must be a mistake because they have 26 players on the roster.

apparently, Brain Anderson was on a radio program and said Jamie was just called up.

(I read this over at WSI so take it for what its worth.)

Im guessing either Urbie/Ozuna are going to the DL....

OR

Their Fine and Pedro Lopez is going back down to make way for 3 catchers (A.J has a bad toe.)

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 3, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
There has been ver little info on Uribe. I am worried he is being put on the shelf.

Some reports have Uribe playing today, which would mean that Pedro Lopez doesnt really need to be here, considering he's 21 and still has alot to work on.

Its gotta build his confidence to play at the cell and get his first hit and RBI in his first game. Lets hope he can build on that.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ May 3, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
Some reports have Uribe playing today, which would mean that Pedro Lopez doesnt really need to be here, considering he's 21 and still has alot to work on.

Its gotta build his confidence to play at the cell and get his first hit and RBI in his first game. Lets hope he can build on that.

I hope so. Uribe makes the bottom of the line up sooooo much more dangerous.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 3, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
Willie was put on a list other than the DL due to his family emergency

Bereavment(sp?) list. That's what I've heard too, hopefully everything with Willie and his family is alright, his mother passed away, correct?? Hopefully he and his family can get through it.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 3, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
Bereavment(sp?) list.  That's what I've heard too, hopefully everything with Willie and his family is alright, his mother passed away, correct??  Hopefully he and his family can get through it.

Wow is that what happened? My thoughts and prayers with Willie.

Guest JimH

Guys, does anyone think Burke will stay after Harris comes back off bereavement leave?

Lopez could easily go down and probably will, right?

So, Burke would essentially take Ross Gload's place for the time being. Or maybe longer? Burke can play 1B.

Thoughts? Not saying good or bad, just speculating.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 3, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
Guys, does anyone think Burke will stay after Harris comes back off bereavement leave?

Lopez could easily go down and probably will, right?

So, Burke would essentially take Ross Gload's place for the time being.  Or maybe longer?  Burke can play 1B.

Thoughts?  Not saying good or bad, just speculating.

Most likely. With Uribe back the need for Lopez is decreased

Burke does play 1B, so at least we have a backup without Ozzie drawing names out of a hat.

I think Lopez is still needed until Ozuna can still swing a bat and Willie comes back.

BTW, my prayers go out to Willie's family.