Jamie Burke Called Up

Chisoxfn

Jamie Burke Promoted to Chicago

By Jason Gage

May 3, 2005

FutureSox.com

The Chicago White Sox have purchased the contract of catcher Jamie Burke from Charlotte. Burke is expected to be in uniform for tonights game against the Kansas City Royals. A roster spot opened up for Burke when Willie Harris was placed on the bereavement list...MORE

QUOTE(redandwhite @ May 3, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
I don't post here anymore, but Willie Harris was placed on the DL thus resulting in the call up of Jamie Burke.

Did Harris get hurt at some point? I thought he was the healthy one - the game he missed on Sunday was supposedly due to some sort of family issue, according to all the news reports.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ May 3, 2005 -> 04:04 PM)
I don't post here anymore, but Willie Harris was placed on the DL thus resulting in the call up of Jamie Burke.

No he was not.. :bang You don't get placed on the DL to attend a funeral.

Willie Harris - 2B - CWS

White Sox placed infielder Willie Harris on the bereavement list.

Harris had been expected back today after leaving the team on Sunday. His absence will result in more time for Pedro Lopez at short if Juan Uribe and Pablo Ozuna still aren't ready to play. May. 3 - 4:58 pm et

Jamie Burke - C - CWS

White Sox purchased the contract of infielder-catcher Jamie Burke from Triple-A Charlotte.

Burke, who hit .333 in 120 AB with the White Sox last year. will act as the team's 25th man until either Willie Harris or Ross Gload returns. May. 3 - 4:56 pm et

Per Rotoworld....FYI

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 3, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
i dont like jamie burke, why couldnt they bring up some other infielder, that would have been the smart thing, or BMAC to use in relief

the bmac idea is just plain dumb, no reason to do ANYTHING like that...

plus with AJ's struggles at the moment it's nice to have another backup. Plus its gonna only be for a couple days MAX, that'd be a waste of a callup.

i dont like jamie burke, why couldnt they bring up some other infielder, that would have been the smart thing, or BMAC to use in relief

that would be a terrible thing to do.

bring up the guy that's used to a short term role.

Why the f*** would you call up BMAC to pitch in relief, that would be idiotic.

beyond idiotic... it makes sense to call up a jamie burke when its only short term, because you dont wanna waste that call up on a potential star when he'll be sent down a DAY OR TWO later

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)

Yeah, let's get the arbitration clock rolling on B-Mac just so we can use him for three days of relief pitching. Real smart... :rolly :banghead :banghead

QUOTE(Reddy @ May 3, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
beyond idiotic... it makes sense to call up a jamie burke when its only short term, because you dont wanna waste that call up on a potential star when he'll be sent down a DAY OR TWO later

C'mon guys...it is dumb but lay off the poor guy...I think wea all agree bringing up BMAC makes no sense. Enough already!! :banghead

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
R&W, regardless its good to see ya back around here.  Hope all is well man  :D

I've been lurking as of late, I was going to jump out of a cake naked to surprise everybody, but I just thought i'd post that here. All is of course well by the way, everything always was well, besides a little disagreement where I somehow took the punishment but thats nor here nor there. Whatever, thanks for the welcome back Jason.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 3, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)

Everyone else has already mentioned my opinion on bringing up Brandon. My question is what have you seen of Jamie so far that you don't like him?