Jamie Burke Called Up

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 3, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
C'mon guys...it is dumb but lay off the poor guy...I think wea all agree bringing up BMAC makes no sense. Enough already!!  :banghead

No need to lay off of him, he is a packers fan :lol:... I know him in r/l anyways he deserves all the hate he gets :P

I think this move has more to do with AJ's ailing toe than anything else.

If you were to give AJ another day off in place of Burke a Buehrle start would be that day.

It's a smart move because it removes you from having to put AJ on the DL.

I wouldn't be surprised if they milk this bereavement list qualification for every day they can.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 3, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
i dont like jamie burke, why couldnt they bring up some other infielder, that would have been the smart thing, or BMAC to use in relief

Lopez is already up because of Gload being put on the DL, so what's wrong with bringin up JB??

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ May 3, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)
He has none, and will be put through waivers when Willie returns.

Didn't he already clear once, therefor it isn't necessary for him to clear again for the remainder of the season? Or am I mistaken on that.

On a sidenote, I'm assuming they won't take him off the 40 now?

Guest JimH
Didn't he already clear once, therefor it isn't necessary for him to clear again for the remainder of the season?  Or am I mistaken on that.

On a sidenote, I'm assuming they won't take him off the 40 now?

I still think Gload is in danger of losing his spot once he's healthy.

Again, just speculating here but Ozzie likes the flexibility Burke provides. Plus, he likes Timo as the left handed bat off the bench.

One other item of note, the Sox have Jeremy Giambi at AAA, he could play 1B also.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 4, 2005 -> 08:00 AM)
I still think Gload is in danger of losing his spot once he's healthy.

Again, just speculating here but Ozzie likes the flexibility Burke provides.  Plus, he likes Timo as the left handed bat off the bench.

One other item of note, the Sox have Jeremy Giambi at AAA, he could play 1B also.

I know one thing, once Gload comes off Lopez will go down before Burke does, imo. Thats assuming Zuna and Uribe are 100% by that time period. Lopez is in over is head in AAA, let alone the major league level.

He's got a shot to be a decent player one day though. Hell, he's actually a lot like Ozzie. Not a bat average hitter, but won't walk worth a damn (nor will he strike out) and he's a pretty good fielder.

Guest JimH
I know one thing, once Gload comes off Lopez will go down before Burke does, imo.  Thats assuming Zuna and Uribe are 100% by that time period.  Lopez is in over is head in AAA, let alone the major league level.

He's got a shot to be a decent player one day though.  Hell, he's actually a lot like Ozzie.  Not a bat average hitter, but won't walk worth a damn (nor will he strike out) and he's a pretty good fielder.

Yes, agree that Lopez will be the first to get sent down.

Then it'd come down to Gload or Burke, when Gload gets healthy. They'll have a few decisions to make once Gload is ready to play, and then there's the Frank Thomas issue coming at some point later.

First Gload needs a little trip down to Charlotte where he can play everyday and get his swing right. I figure Burke will go down once Gload gets in some rehab Ab's down in Charlotte (assuming he can get things figured out).