Pittsnogle'd declares for the Draft

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2052646

Center won't hire agent

Associated Press

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia center Kevin Pittsnogle declared for the NBA draft Tuesday but won't hire an agent.

Pittsnogle, who helped the Mountaineers reach the NCAA regional final, has until June 21 to withdraw from the draft and retain his final season of eligibility.

Known more for his long-range shooting than his inside presence, Pittsnogle didn't start until midway through the season.

In the NCAA Tournament, Pittsnogle had 17 points against Creighton, 22 against Texas Tech and 25 against Louisville, which ended the Mountaineers' run with a 93-85 overtime victory. It was West Virginia's best showing since Jerry West's 1959 squad went to the national title game.

Pittsnogle averaged 11.9 points, 3.7 rebounds and 19.3 minutes a game this season. He is the school's all-time leader in 3-point percentage (.418) and fifth in career 3-pointers with 162.

"If he decides there is a lucrative opportunity out there for him, then I fully support his decision," West Virginia coach John Beilein. "I like the idea that he is testing the waters to see where he stands, and we will advise him the best that we can through the process."

• 1 month later...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2082408

:headbang :lol:

Tourney star Pittsnogle returning to W. Va.

By Andy Katz

ESPN.com

CHICAGO -- West Virginia junior forward Kevin Pittsnogle will withdraw from the NBA draft and return for his senior season, Pittsnogle told ESPN.com on Friday.

Pittsnogle played in his third game of the week at the pre-draft camp Friday morning. He scored 16 points and made one 3-pointer but that wasn't enough to convince him that he should stay in the draft.

"I'm going back to college," Pittsnogle said as he stood outside the Wyndham hotel with his bag packed on his way to the airport. Pittsnogle chose to skip out on the physicals and medical testing this weekend.

"I'll come back and be better next year, Pittsnogle said. "I can't wait to go back and work with my teammates."

The Mountaineers now return four of five starters off an Elite Eight team.