kruk called us out.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 4, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)
The Bears draw fans in worse weather.

It was a baseball game!

If we are still drawing 12000 in June and we are still in first place, then it will be a story. But early May, cold weather, Royals. I have the 9 game package and in no way was one of my games going to be this series. Let's just get through this and the fans should be there in force for the Baltimore series. Don't forget, last night was not a true half price night. Only the upper deck is 2-for-1.

Tonight will suck attendance-wise, so will tomorrow. Let's just focus on the sucess of the team right now.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 4, 2005 -> 07:15 AM)

I really hope this is a joke...

EIGHT HOME GAMES A YEAR, WINTER WEATHER IS A f***ING PREREQUISITE OF FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

Tex...u can do better than that

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 4, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
Tex I'm not even going to go there. There is no way you can compare the NFL to the MLB whatsoever.

Good grief.. even the Aussie get's it. :bang

:cheers DBAHO

QUOTE(gettysburg32 @ May 4, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
John Kruk is fat and slow and stupid and ugly and might have been drunk, oh sorry, that's when he SUCKED ASS playing for the White Sox.  WHO IN THE MOTHERf*** CARES ABOUT FATASS KRUK!

:finger

:gosox3:

John Kruk.

Have you seen those people they are mornons.. What idiot takes your shirt off in -250 below w/o wind chill. Also you have to figure in the bears have a total of 8 homes games, and play once a week.. Big differnece in comparing the 2.

Back to the topic at hand.. RIght now I work Full-time and have 3 night classes (which end in 2 weeks :headbang ) No summer school so I be at the park alot this year, up until now, I just have not had time to go.. BUt have wanted to, last game I was at was Opening day. I know for sure I am going to the NorthSide to cheer on our boys, in a couple of weeks..And want to hit 2/3 Angels games..

OMFG, I cannot believe some people here

Just because people are talkking about a FACT does not change the FACT just because they do or do not attend the games. FACTS stay as FACTS.

And thanks for proving my point, qwerty, that when our attendance has improved, so has our payroll. Which goes back to what I said. We better keep improving our attendance this year (with a winning team) if we want to keep making upgrades every year. Now it is not necessary that every upgrade will work out, but chances are higher when you do upgrade.

QUOTE(gettysburg32 @ May 4, 2005 -> 07:32 AM)
John Kruk is fat and slow and stupid and ugly and might have been drunk, oh sorry, that's when he SUCKED ASS playing for the White Sox.  WHO IN THE MOTHERf*** CARES ABOUT FATASS KRUK!

:finger

:gosox3:

i care about kruk. i like him. always have. i disagree with him alot of times, but he is dead right about this. Last week in Oakland they only had 10,000 in attendance, and I made fun of them. I don't want to be that team being made fun of because of attendance, but we did. Kruk was right to call sox fans out. We are in first place. why can't we draw more than 12,000 ESPECIALLY ON HALF PRICE NIGHT. just cuz he said fans need to get to the park doesnt mean you gotta take a shot at kruk, besides, he did hit .308 with the sox with a .399 OBP

Well even if i lived in Chicago.....I couldn't go to a game when i wanted. I have to work til 7:00 every day. The only games I could go to were weekend games....And I would probably make 80 to 90% of the Sox's weekend games at home for the season if I were to live in Chicago.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 4, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)

Just because people are talkking about a FACT does not change the FACT just because they do or do not attend the games. FACTS stay as FACTS.

And hypocracy is hypocracy.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 4, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)

Stupid is as stupid does..

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
And hypocracy is hypocracy.

You can call it hypocrisy is that is how you feel about it southsider. My concern is regarding the long term success of the White Sox. Anyone who really loves this team would be concerned about it.

The main reason to watch BBTN is to get highlights from around the league. And Majority of the People that do that, do it for fantasy leagues. I have no reason to watch BBTN to get an opinion from them. Let Kruk, Reynolds, Gammons, etc.... say whatever they want about whatever team or player they want, It doesn't change my mind or Soxtalk's minds about the league. As stated earlier...BBTN opinions, are to start something, they are there for water cooler conversations and it gives topics for friends to discuss.

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ May 4, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
You can call it hypocrisy is that is how you feel about it southsider. My concern is regarding the long term success of the White Sox. Anyone who really loves this team would be concerned about it.

Concern isn't condeming people for not going to baseball games, while simultaniously not going to the games yourself. Plus when it is done ad naseum it gets, well, nauseating.

People will go to games when the conditions are right for them. Having a daily thread knocking people for not going to games is BS, when the people starting the threads aren't going to games.

Again, honestly, for a team that is off to the best start in it's history, this is pretty damn pathetic and if JR moved the team, I wouldn't be able to say he's dumb for doing so. I don't see many other fans making excuses for not going. Like sox-r-us said, Seattle draws alot and they have nothing but cub-like fans there. Simply no excuse at all. And yes, I do go to alot of games and for the 50th time, I plan on going to 60+ this season.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
Concern isn't condeming people for not going to baseball games, while simultaniously not going to the games yourself.  Plus when it is done ad naseum it gets, well, nauseating.

People will go to games when the conditions are right for them.  Having a daily thread knocking people for not going to games is BS, when the people starting the threads aren't going to games.

Not once I have condemned people here regarding this. In fact, just the opposite. Go read my posts again. I have said that the people here are all die hard and all would support this team in any way possible if and when they could. When I was in Chicago I used to go to 50 games every year as a student. I would go to the UD because that is all I could afford then. And these were seasons when I knew from day one we had no chance (the days when the Tribe was the clear favorite every year)....except for the 2000 season when the Sox surprised me.

You can say then what is the point of these threads, and you may have a point there. BUT then I would say what is the point of telling BBTN to f*** off or of telling Paulie to correct his swing either or telling Dye to do something since none of them would ever care to read this board. The point of these threads is to highlight what is the problem with the Sox and suggest ways to fix it. Does it have to be done daily? I do not think so, and I have not done that. But when you get 12000 in the game when you could be setting the all time baseball record (26 games with a lead) it needs to be raised.

And finally, who the f*** gave any of you rights to decide what is worth talking about here. IF you do not like these threads, avoid it. Simple.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
Concern isn't condeming people for not going to baseball games, while simultaniously not going to the games yourself.  Plus when it is done ad naseum it gets, well, nauseating.

People will go to games when the conditions are right for them.  Having a daily thread knocking people for not going to games is BS, when the people starting the threads aren't going to games.

Alright, first off, I've never started an attendance thread. Secondly, I've never seriously complained in any way about attendance related stuff. So there are my cop outs before I start...

But, if I was to start some sort of attendance thread and complain in some way (albeit hopefully a more original and thought-provoking way than is the usual fashion around here), would I get b****ed out for not going to games even though I live in southeastern Virginia? Not that I give half a s*** if someone b****es me out on a mindless internet message board, but anyway, it just came to my mind that the whole "you don't go to any games, so shut the f- up about attendance" arguement sometimes makes sense, but usually doesn't if the person posting lives hundreds or more miles away form Chicago.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(gettysburg32 @ May 4, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
Alright, first off, I've never started an attendance thread.  Secondly, I've never seriously complained in any way about attendance related stuff.  So there are my cop outs before I start...

But, if I was to start some sort of attendance thread and complain in some way (albeit hopefully a more original and thought-provoking way than is the usual fashion around here), would I get b****ed out for not going to games even though I live in southeastern Virginia?  Not that I give half a s*** if someone b****es me out on a mindless internet message board, but anyway, it just came to my mind that the whole "you don't go to any games, so shut the f- up about attendance" arguement sometimes makes sense, but usually doesn't if the person posting lives hundreds or more miles away form Chicago. 

:gosox1:

Hell yeah you should be driving up here to every game....what kind of Sox fan are you?? Sheesh... :bang :P