kruk called us out.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:17 AM)
Exactly.  The team was proven based on 1993.  The Sox were very good in '94.  The expectations were as high as they had been since, sigh, 1984.

I was thinking the samething, but it felt like a punch in the stomach to say it :crying

Also the 1994 team didn't have the strike and white flag team to blame for attendance (before the strike obviously)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 5, 2005 -> 02:04 AM)
Oh i can feel the love so much I completely avoid posting on this topic. Against my better judgement I will say that both sides have valid arguments. There are so many variables as to why attendance is the way it is. My forte is not racking my brain to list them. One side says " you're b****ing about attendance but I can b**** all I want about the weather and who the Sox are playing ". I could have swore the reason we go to home games is to see the home team win. Right now the Sox are an attraction in and of themselves. If that isn't reason enough to go to a game I don't know what is.

Another good point.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 4, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
What is with the word "touche"???? I thought we cleared this up in a thread over a week ago? :bang  :huh

I tend to use the word in the correct and appropriate matter...

I also won't argue it to death if I'm wrong... :rolly

Gotta luv espn...

THE AL CENTRAL IS MORE COMPETITIVE:

If the Red Sox and Yankees seemed like mortal locks for October, the Minnesota Twins – three division titles in succession – weren't far behind.

But that was before the Chicago White Sox raced out to the best record in the big leagues and the Tigers were hovering around .500.

There remains ample doubt about Chicago's decision to win with pitching, defense and speed.

"I want to see El Duque and Contreras in July and August,'' said a skeptical AL personnel man.

Says another: "I think you still have to mash to win in the American League.''

But there's no denying the White Sox' hot start has reshaped the race. Is it possible that, for the first time since the re-configured playoff format, the wild-card entrant will come from the Central?

Don't discount the unbalanced schedule as a factor. While the Blue Jays and Orioles have taken big steps forward, making the Red Sox and Yankees work harder for nearly one-quarter (38) of their games, the AL Central front-runners can still beat up on the Kansas City Royals, easily the worst team in the league.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)
Ask any older Sox fan about 1994 and they will tell you that it was going to be the year they made it to the World Series.  They were in first place, and were right there for the best record in baseball all year long.  They also were coming off of a division championship in 1993, which we are not in 2004.  There are plenty of reasons that 1994 attendance was so big.

Of course, if you ask anyone but a White Sox fan about 1994, you'll hear about Cleveland and Montreal. I've done that more than a few times, and all I ever hear is how Cleveland was goint to win the Central. When I point out that at the time of the strike the Sox were 3 1/2 games up, I get one of two responses: "No, they weren't," or "They would have gone in the tank."

I hate ignorant people.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 5, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
I tend to use the word in the correct and appropriate matter...

I also won't argue it to death if I'm wrong...    :rolly

It's generally a good idea to STFU when one says something stupid. ;)

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 5, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
Follow your own advice.

I'm gonna go argue that somebody can tag up from 2nd and score...

You want to shed some light on what your f***ing problem is...?? It's getting pretty f***ing stupid with every reply from you to me is touche... if you didn't f***ing get it, though everyone else did, after I explained it to you then ask and I'll be glad to explain it again.

Otherwise.. stop ruining threads with your stupid ass bulls***.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 5, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
You want to shed some light on what your f***ing problem is...?? It's getting pretty f***ing stupid with every reply from you to me is touche... if you didn't f***ing get it, though everyone else did, after I explained it to you then ask and I'll be glad to explain it again.

Otherwise.. stop ruining threads with your stupid ass bulls***.

:huh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ May 5, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
Of course, if you ask anyone but a White Sox fan about 1994, you'll hear about Cleveland and Montreal.  I've done that more than a few times, and all I ever hear is how Cleveland was goint to win the Central.  When I point out that at the time of the strike the Sox were 3 1/2 games up, I get one of two responses: "No, they weren't," or "They would have gone in the tank."

I hate ignorant people.

I always hear about that Montreal team. Everyone thinks that they woul dhave beat us in the series. That Montreal team was great but 94 was our year

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
dude kruk wasnt making fun of us, hes trying to make fun of the fans because they are to cheap to show up to games

kruk is awesome

We're not fans...?? :huh

:ph34r:

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 5, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
I didn't want to start another ESPN thread, so I will just go here.

Peter and Harold both say fact, Sox win 90.

Harold says because Paul Konerko has been dynamite.

And that shows you what that preditions is worth.... Once again an ESPNer who has paid no attention to what is happening on the field. RESEARCH SOMETHING PLEASE!!!