Screw BBTN

Balta1701

In case you somehow missed the other thread...last night John Kruk on Baseball tonight went off on a rant about how only 12,000 or so White Sox fans showed up in 40 degree windy weather to beat the last place team in our division.

Well...I have a rant against Kruk in response. I watched the 40 minute Baseball tonight last night, and by the end of the show, I was literally screaming at the TV because of how badly our team was being screwed over in terms of coverage.

I've got a bundle of examples of them doing this, so bear with me. First, one of their "Themes" of the night was poor baserunning. In this vein...they took the liberty to show the 1st-inning Royals double play, where both Everett and Iguchi were thrown out on the basepaths, at least 2 to 3 times - a couple while talking about baserunning, and a repeat when they showed the Sox highlights.

Secondly...the White Sox hit 2 home runs in that game. KC hit 3, 2 by Sweeney. The Sox won the game. So what highlights did they choose to show when they showed the game highlights? Not any of the Sox home runs...they showed the first shot by Sweeney, and Everett's double. There was not a mention of ARow's shot, nor was there a mention of Iguchi's first home run in the US.

It gets worse. At the end of the show...they run through highlights of some of the bigger home runs of the day. Guess who's shot they showed? Guess who's they didn't? They replayed the Sweeney home run, and ignored ARow and Iguchi again.

In their web gems segment...those 2 early plays by Mark Buehrle got no credit. They also weren't shown in any of the highlight reels. I thought that at least 1 of them should have been noticed.

And here's the one that really infuriated me. At the end of the show, they gave some air time to the people they thought were their players of the day.

Their offensive one? Craig Wilson of the Pirates.

What did Wilson do? He went 4 for 4, with 1 home run, 2 rbi's and 1 run scored.

In case you don't remember, a guy named Tadahito Iguchi went 4 for 4, with 1 home run (his first in the USA), 2 rbi's, and 2 runs scored. And once again, he was completely glossed over...despite having what I think are better numbers than Wilson.

John Kruk wants to lecture the White Sox fans about how they aren't coming out to the ballgame in 40 degree weather against the Royals. But on the same token, it's hard for me to even believe that they had anybody even watching the game. They didn't mention Dye, they didn't mention ARow, they didn't show any of those plays by Buehrle, and most annoyingly, they hardly noticed the great day had by Iguchi.

If baseball tonight thinks they can lecture White Sox fans about not coming out to the park in crappy conditions, maybe they could take a second to actually acknowledge the better parts of the game, or at least pretend that they had really watched it.

:chair :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox2:

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 4, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
In case you somehow missed the other thread...last night John Kruk on Baseball tonight went off on a rant about how only 12,000 or so White Sox fans showed up in 40 degree windy weather to beat the last place team in our division.

Well...I have a rant against Kruk in response.  I watched the 40 minute Baseball tonight last night, and by the end of the show, I was literally screaming at the TV because of how badly our team was being screwed over in terms of coverage.

I've got a bundle of examples of them doing this, so bear with me.  First, one of their "Themes" of the night was poor baserunning.  In this vein...they took the liberty to show the 1st-inning Royals double play, where both Everett and Iguchi were thrown out on the basepaths, at least 2 to 3 times - a couple while talking about baserunning, and a repeat when they showed the Sox highlights.

Secondly...the White Sox hit 2 home runs in that game.  KC hit 3, 2 by Sweeney.  The Sox won the game.  So what highlights did they choose to show when they showed the game highlights?  Not any of the Sox home runs...they showed the first shot by Sweeney, and Everett's double.  There was not a mention of ARow's shot, nor was there a mention of Iguchi's first home run in the US.

It gets worse.  At the end of the show...they run through highlights of some of the bigger home runs of the day.  Guess who's shot they showed? Guess who's they didn't?  They replayed the Sweeney home run, and ignored ARow and Iguchi again.

In their web gems segment...those 2 early plays by Mark Buehrle got no credit.  They also weren't shown in any of the highlight reels.  I thought that at least 1 of them should have been noticed.

And here's the one that really infuriated me.  At the end of the show, they gave some air time to the people they thought were their players of the day.

Their offensive one?  Craig Wilson of the Pirates.

What did Wilson do?  He went 4 for 4, with 1 home run, 2 rbi's and 1 run scored.

In case you don't remember, a guy named Tadahito Iguchi went 4 for 4, with 1 home run (his first in the USA), 2 rbi's, and 2 runs scored.  And once again, he was completely glossed over...despite having what I think are better numbers than Wilson.

John Kruk wants to lecture the White Sox fans about how they aren't coming out to the ballgame in 40 degree weather against the Royals.  But on the same token, it's hard for me to even believe that they had anybody even watching the game.  They didn't mention Dye, they didn't mention ARow, they didn't show any of those plays by Buehrle, and most annoyingly, they hardly noticed the great day had by Iguchi.

If baseball tonight thinks they can lecture White Sox fans about not coming out to the park in crappy conditions, maybe they could take a second to actually acknowledge the better parts of the game, or at least pretend that they had really watched it.

:chair  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox2:

:headshake

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 4, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
Actually they did show Iguchi's HR on the "touch em all" spot. Also it was said by I think Karl Ravich

They didn't show him on the "Touch em all" I watched...during the 40 minute version.

Oh geez, if they showed all those highlights, it would literally take up half of the show. Everyone wants coverage and there is so little to go around. They talked about us breaking the record, they talked about us winning, they showed us going ahead, get over it. If you don't like it, don't watch the show. Duh.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 4, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
TIFWIW = take it for what its worth

and thats Raven Riley...

Damn I love that avatar, as far as I am concerned, leave us off ESPN. Whenever we drawe attention we fold. I like it better when teams are gearing up against us on ESPN, let us continue to dominate and not have coverage.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 4, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
Damn I love that avatar, as far as I am concerned, leave us off ESPN.  Whenever we drawe attention we fold.  I like it better when teams are gearing up against us on ESPN, let us continue to dominate and not have coverage.

can't stop that......if we keep winning at this pace the sox will become one of the lead stories for every show. Like it or not...ESPN goes with what's hot.....with the exception of course of "their" teams.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 4, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
Oh geez, if they showed all those highlights, it would literally take up half of the show. Everyone wants coverage and there is so little to go around. They talked about us breaking the record, they talked about us winning, they showed us going ahead, get over it. If you don't like it, don't watch the show. Duh.

They've been good about covering us, minus a few too many negative comments, since we've been winning...

Let's make the playoffs this year...and hopefully even string a few years together...and the recognition comes...

I don't bother watching Baseball Tonight because all the analysts have no idea what the hell they're talking about and Peter Gammons only talks about the Red Sox....I think if they dropped everyone but Karl Ravech, the show would be 100% better! No need to give opinions on why the Yankees suck right now or why the Red Sox are great, just show the friggin' baseball highlights of that night and keep it that way! I think we baseball fans would pick up on who's hot and who's not just from those highlights and the box scores....No need to hear opinions from a quitter (Kruk), a clueless man (Reynolds), a fired manager (Bowa) and a Red Sox season ticket holder (Gammons)....

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 4, 2005 -> 05:35 PM)
I watched the whole thing also right after the game was over and thats what was said....went from 9pm to 10pm. Either I saw it or I am losing my mind like the doctors said I was... :bang

You saw it, and they said exactly what you said they did.... Its really pathetic we get so many threads about this, Let me put it this way... every team doesnt think they get enough airtime except the Yanks, Boston, and Cubs.... so 26 other teams are going through the same thing. Just enjoy what they do show about us and not what they dont.

I used to think that BBTN was the god of sports shows, I thought everyone in here was crazy to say this horrible stuff about them, but MY GOD, recently I have really watched through the whole show and it is terrible, Gammons and the whole crew are the biggest jagbags on ESPN.

Right on the money. The 9-10 show never showed the Rowand homer, I missed it in the game and didn't realize homered until this morning. BBTN has become a disgrace with the "analyst" they have on. The former players all suck. They are trying to go the fottball route and it disgrace. The guys they get are pathetic.

QUOTE(orangekrush88 @ May 4, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
I used to think that BBTN was the god of sports shows, I thought everyone in here was crazy to say this horrible stuff about them, but MY GOD, recently I have really watched through the whole show and it is terrible, Gammons and the whole crew are the biggest jagbags on ESPN.

Hell I use to think Steve Phillips always sounded intelligent when he breaks down baseball....we all make mistakes :bang

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 4, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)

Well...I have a rant against Kruk in response.  I watched the 40 minute Baseball tonight last night, and by the end of the show, I was literally screaming at the TV because of how badly our team was being screwed over in terms of coverage.

I've got a bundle of examples of them doing this, so bear with me.  First, one of their "Themes" of the night was poor baserunning.  In this vein...they took the liberty to show the 1st-inning Royals double play, where both Everett and Iguchi were thrown out on the basepaths, at least 2 to 3 times - a couple while talking about baserunning, and a repeat when they showed the Sox highlights.

Secondly...the White Sox hit 2 home runs in that game.  KC hit 3, 2 by Sweeney.  The Sox won the game.  So what highlights did they choose to show when they showed the game highlights?  Not any of the Sox home runs...they showed the first shot by Sweeney, and Everett's double.  There was not a mention of ARow's shot, nor was there a mention of Iguchi's first home run in the US.

It gets worse.  At the end of the show...they run through highlights of some of the bigger home runs of the day.  Guess who's shot they showed? Guess who's they didn't?  They replayed the Sweeney home run, and ignored ARow and Iguchi again.

In their web gems segment...those 2 early plays by Mark Buehrle got no credit.  They also weren't shown in any of the highlight reels.  I thought that at least 1 of them should have been noticed.

And here's the one that really infuriated me.  At the end of the show, they gave some air time to the people they thought were their players of the day.

Their offensive one?  Craig Wilson of the Pirates.

What did Wilson do?  He went 4 for 4, with 1 home run, 2 rbi's and 1 run scored.

In case you don't remember, a guy named Tadahito Iguchi went 4 for 4, with 1 home run (his first in the USA), 2 rbi's, and 2 runs scored.  And once again, he was completely glossed over...despite having what I think are better numbers than Wilson.

John Kruk wants to lecture the White Sox fans about how they aren't coming out to the ballgame in 40 degree weather against the Royals.  But on the same token, it's hard for me to even believe that they had anybody even watching the game.  They didn't mention Dye, they didn't mention ARow, they didn't show any of those plays by Buehrle, and most annoyingly, they hardly noticed the great day had by Iguchi.

:chair  :gosox2:  :gosox3:  :gosox2:

breathe.... short deep breaths...