texas bans what??

sec159row2

Is "speach" the same thing as "speech"?

They know it when they see it? What the f*** kind of definition is that? It is just this kind of totally subjective bulls*** that keeps the PC movement happy.

"Edwards argued bawdy performances are a distraction for students resulting in pregnancies, dropouts and the spread of sexually transmitted diseases." Wow, who knew it was cheerleading that was the cause of teens getting STDs and getting pregnant. I thought it was the puritanic self-loathing of our bodies and its desires that stopped a truly comprehensive sex ed course from being introduced into schools to educate kids about all the possibilities when engaging in sexual behavior (benefits, risks and ways to protect self if going to do such activities)

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ May 4, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Is "speach" the same thing as "speech"?

They know it when they see it?  What the f*** kind of definition is that?  It is just this kind of totally subjective bulls*** that keeps the PC movement happy.

"Edwards argued bawdy performances are a distraction for students resulting in pregnancies, dropouts and the spread of sexually transmitted diseases."  Wow, who knew it was cheerleading that was the cause of teens getting STDs and getting pregnant.  I thought it was the puritanic self-loathing of our bodies and its desires that stopped a truly comprehensive sex ed course from being introduced into schools to educate kids about all the possibilities when engaging in sexual behavior (benefits, risks and ways to protect self if going to do such activities)

woa big fella... I just found it amusing that legislatures would have the time to spend on things like this.... puritanic self-loathing of our bodies ..????.... umm... I didn't look that deep into it.... sorry...

and .. i don't spell so good neither.... :D

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ May 4, 2005 -> 07:00 PM)
woa big fella...  I just found it amusing that legislatures would have the time to spend on things like this....  puritanic self-loathing of our bodies ..????....  umm...  I didn't look that deep into it.... sorry...

and ..  i don't spell so good neither....    :D

Not only is it a waste of time -- but it is purely and entirely subjective...which isn't good for enforcement.

It's now the "booty bill".

LMAO

But LCR, why is it the school's job to come up with a "comprehensive sex ed class"? Schools should have no part in that, it should be done at home. That's the major problem, IMO. We want the schools to be society's babysitters, sex ed teachers, psychologists, behavior changers, food providers, etc. Frankly that's the majority of the problem is that families (read, parents) do not take enough responsibility.

But I could say the same for our government too, because too many people want our government to do the same things.

I would just like the record to show that I like cheerleaders. :D

Oh...but they shouldn't get too graphic out there. Family entertainment and all, plus I have a daughter and she might be a cheerleader someday, and before that happens, I hope people will stop looking at them like we all do.

But ya know, the dress code of a catholic school also is something people stare at with a filthy mind. So ya know...people will always read into it whatever they want to.

Oh heck...where was I going with this???

Oh yeah...cheerleaders rock...but tone it down a bit...please.

But does anybody REALLY care about what I have to say?

So, carry on. :D

Maybe all the dirty old men are the problem.

Yeah, they're the only ones who goggle at cheerleaders. :lol:

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 5, 2005 -> 07:43 AM)
It's now the "booty bill".

LMAO

But LCR, why is it the school's job to come up with a "comprehensive sex ed class"?  Schools should have no part in that, it should be done at home.  That's the major problem, IMO.  We want the schools to be society's babysitters, sex ed teachers, psychologists, behavior changers, food providers, etc.  Frankly that's the majority of the problem is that families (read, parents) do not take enough responsibility.

But I could say the same for our government too, because too many people want our government to do the same things.

You're right about parents not taking up a lot of the responsibility. I know from my personal experience that dealing with sex ed stuff in an academic setting was much much much easier for me than it was having the talk with my parents. I just think the school would have better resources to teach a very good sex ed program.

As it stands right now, the government is dumping $$$ into the failed project of "abstinence only" -- since recent study showed: Although many pledgers abstained from vaginal intercourse, the recent study found that they still participated in other forms of sex that may have exposed them to STDs. The study found that young adults who took virginity pledges were six times more likely to have had oral sex than non-pledging teens, and that male pledgers were four times more likely to have engaged in anal sex than male non-pledgers who had not had vaginal sex. In addition, the researchers found that abstinence pledgers were significantly less likely to use contraception when they did engage in sexual activity, compared to their non-pledging peers. Male pledgers, for example, were 20% less likely to use condoms during sex than non-pledgers. The study even revealed that of pledgers who have had sex, the vast majority—88%—had done so before marriage.

http://www.columbiaspectator.com/vnews/dis...9/424928352fe31

I think a school setting with adequate funds could do a very decent job teaching an inclusive sex ed program (while parents can do a lot -- I think a school sex ed program would be more "professional" and more up to date with information. I think it has to be a 2 pronged approach with the school giving the current up-to-date information etc. and then the student is able to discuss and synthesize it with the parents at home. Definitely let the community have a say in structuring the program.

I'd write more but I have to finish my unit plan (its a final for my curriculum class...we have to make a week's worth of lesson plans, study guide, test, include outside sources, etc. etc. etc. for a unit on the Roman Empire) before the Sox game starts @ 1. :lol: