BIG trade offered to me

Tuff Tuf Tuffy

IMO konerko is better then sweeny, tho he is struggling now..

IMO rolen is better then glaus, tho rolen is struggling now...

Its a very even trade

1b for 1b

3b for 3b

I would just be patient mayb 2-5 days to see if konerko / rolen get anything going

IMO Sweeney is better than Konerko... He is also on a s***ty team, and very well could be traded to a contender at the deadline which could only help him in the long run.. Konerko is really struggling now while Sweeney IIRC is leading the league in doubles, I could be wrong..

Glaus has also been hitting pretty good to start the season.. I dont see why he couldnt continue at a normal pace, Rolen is struggling but he should pick it up.. Last year was the first year hes ever batted over .300 so I guess the likelyhood of him doing it again is low, but who knows..

Ide prolly keep Sweeney and Glaus..

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 5, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
Instead of making a new thread, I thought I'd ask you guys here.

I got offered Jeter, Matsui, and Turnbow for Ben Sheets and Adam Dunn. My starting shortstop right now is Angel Berroa, so I really need a SS. What do you guys think?

I wouldnt do it... Sheets and Dunn are studs.. they should prolly get more points than Jeter and Matsui and Turnbow

I'll offer my expert opinion on all of the proposed trades:

The Sweeney/Glaus for Konerko/Rolen deal doesn't really offer a major improvement for either team and is basically a deal of preference. That being said, I'd rather have Konerko and Rolen. Sweeney will probably finish the year with 30 homers tops and a low RBI total, but he will have a high average. Konerko is a bit enigmatic, but he has much better power than Sweeney and plays in a stronger lineup. Glaus is performing pretty well, but he is not the same kind of player as Rolen. Rolen will hit for a much higher average with more RBI and finish at a 10 homer deficit tops.

I would definitely keep Dunn and Sheets. There is no way I make that trade, even with the weakness at SS. The only SS I'd trade those 2 for is Tejada.

Peavy for Aramis is a pretty even trade. The deciding factor will be what kind of players you have at those positions, at least if you are considering the trade (if it's just pending in the league, it is definitely not veto worthy). If you are weak at third and have a solid staff, then getting Ramirez is definitely a good option (although I might look for a player playing a little better), but if you are at least decent at 3rd I probably wouldn't do it. Peavy is a stud, I wouldn't trade him unless it fills a major hole on my team.

i wouldnt do it, glaus and sweeney are both hitting now, konerko is never gonna hit avg compared to sweeney, glaus and rolen are hitting just as good, see if you can get some pitcher out of the deal, thats what i do when i feel uncertain

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 5, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
aramis ramirez - peavy

Who gets the better deal?

it depends, does the team getting aramis need hitting, if so then do it, but peavy is a tremendous pitcher, id say even, personally if i were getting ramirez i might just go fishing in free agency and grab koskie out of there or hinske if still there, and for pitchers you might be best off picking up a reliever like jorge julio or david riske