Get your DJ homerun call fix at WhiteSox.com

Jabroni

what is astounding to me, is that AJ DOUBLED HIS RBIs on the year on that home run from 2 to 4. Thats what happens when you hit behind dye and rowand and konerko who havent been on base all year

DJ should just go "and boom goes the dynamite" and get it over with.

i dont mind DJ, but i wouldnt mind seeing robin take over as the analyst and have Hawk and Robin do the games.... they would be f***ing insane.

QUOTE(El Piervizdyeguchansodnik @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:58 AM)
Are you kidding me??? I thought they did a damn good job.

They came around a bit at the end, but I was bored with them. JMO! I guess if I think the Pope is boring, Robin Ventura doing a game in Tampa will make me comatose.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 5, 2005 -> 07:30 AM)
DJ and the Pope. I almost fell asleep at one point. Whoa, how about a little life guys.

I couldn't take it. I turned the sound off. I have DirecTV and there's a delay, so unfortunately I don't have the option of the radio. DJ has no business doing play by play. He's as bad as I've ever heard.

I guess I'll have to go to a bar where the sound is off until Hawk gets back...things could be worse. :drink

Some people complain about Hawk, but honestly, after not having him around and having to listen to DJ's UHHHH OHHHH's I have this to say to those Hawk haters ou there : EAT CROW.

I don't care if he's a homer, a super fan, or corporate shill or what have you...I like the fact he's passionate about the Sox. Period. He doesn't have to sing praise onto other teams and make their fans want to listen to our broadcasts, either.

Oh, and he doesn't say YUHHHH-OHHHHHH!

:gosox1:

QUOTE(IndplsSoxFan @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
What about bring Ed Farmer over from the radio broadcast?  I enjoy those 2 on the radio (I can't remember the other guys name).

Rooney would be the first one over, if it is possible. Rooney does lots of TV stuff away from the Sox, and it is very good at it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:49 AM)
Rooney would be the first one over, if it is possible.  Rooney does lots of TV stuff away from the Sox, and it is very good at it.

Rooney is just an ubber-professional.

He's simply fantastic at whatever sport he is announcing.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 5, 2005 -> 07:30 AM)
DJ and the Pope. I almost fell asleep at one point. Whoa, how about a little life guys.

Do what I did. Turn the TV on mute and turn on the radio. I love listening to Rooney anyway.

I like Hawk but his lack of knowledge about the other teams players and the National League is embarrassing for a guy paid to know about baseball. Still, the uh-oh has become so bad that I love it. He should either bring back the bye-bye or come up with an obnoxiously loveable pharse like "buh-bye" in a David Spade voice or "see ya-wouldn't want to be ya". The hokier the better