Who will have a better record?

Which team will finish with a better record?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will finish with a better record?

• Cleveland
    • Chicago

This little piece got me thinking, although I know how this poll is going to end up;

10. Which team will win more games next year: San Francisco, Cleveland or Chicago?

You want to say Chicago because No. 1 pick Cedric Benson might be the best runner the Bears have drafted since Neal Anderson, but quarterback Rex Grossman still hasn't finished a season. Coach Mike Nolan is a great guy, but the 49ers still look like an expansion team and rookie quarterback Alex Smith figures to struggle without a lot of playmakers. So that leaves the Browns by default. New general manager Phil Savage has drastically upgraded their roster, and Trent Dilfer still has some fire in his belly. Cleveland simply has to play much better defense, which is possible because Savage cleared much of the roster that played on the defensive line. Plus, new coach Romeo Crennel, having worked in New England, knows more than a few things about playing good defense.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears added the NFL's leading TD guy from last season, the 2nd RB in the Draft, 2 new OLineman, and they get their #1 QB back.

I think that will help their offense 10 fold.

2 OL, a top WR, a stud RB, a #1 QB

Plus the Bears had a great defense without their 3 best players for the majority of the season. Brown, Urlacher, Tillman

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 5, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
The Bears added the NFL's leading TD guy from last season, the 2nd RB in the Draft, 2 new OLineman, and they get their #1 QB back.

Plus the Bears had a great defense without their 3 best players for the majority of the season.  Brown, Urlacher, Tillman

I voted Browns then forgot that Winslows dumbass might be gone for the season..

QUOTE(T R U @ May 5, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
I voted Browns then forgot that Winslows dumbass might be gone for the season..

I dont think winslow would have made a great difference record wise. Put 3 winslows on cleveland and they still suck. Bears have a great returing D. (which is young and will only get better) The O can't be any worse than it did last year. They made a lot of upgrades on the O. That can't be overlooked.

Don't count on the Browns being good this year. They always seem to have good drafts, whether it was Gerard Warren, Courtney Brown, Tim Couch, William Green etc, they all come in with alot of hype and then don't turn out to be anything of what they were hyped to be. Considering the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers in their division should all be +.500 teams, I don't see the Brown's having a good season.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 5, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
Who cares?

And is the best runner since Neal Anderson supposed to be a good thing? I'm serious, I barely remember the guy.

Neal Anderson was a very good running back for the Bears in the late 80s and early 90s and was a multiple time pro bowler.

Are you freaking kidding me. This is so easy...Bears are going to win 8 games minimum and my guess is they win more like 10. This isn't because they are that good, its more in fact due to the easy early schedule they have.

Oh and the Browns are freaking awful.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 5, 2005 -> 08:14 AM)

Plus the Bears had a great defense without their 3 best players for the majority of the season.  Brown, Urlacher, Tillman

Plus they were already lightyears better then these teams. This is just a piece of s*** article.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 5, 2005 -> 07:30 PM)
Are you freaking kidding me.  This is so easy...Bears are going to win 8 games minimum and my guess is they win more like 10.  This isn't because they are that good, its more in fact due to the easy early schedule they have.

Seriously too. It's not even a question. Even if the Bears underperform, the only team that is a complete team is Minny. GB is in shambles. Detroit has no type of defense.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
Are you freaking kidding me.  This is so easy...Bears are going to win 8 games minimum and my guess is they win more like 10.  This isn't because they are that good, its more in fact due to the easy early schedule they have.

Ok I'm definitely going to remember this. At least I can take comfort in knowing the Cowboys will have a better record than the Bears. :P

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 5, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
Don't count on the Browns being good this year. They always seem to have good drafts, whether it was Gerard Warren, Courtney Brown, Tim Couch, William Green etc, they all come in with alot of hype and then don't turn out to be anything of what they were hyped to be. Considering the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers in their division should all be +.500 teams, I don't see the Brown's having a good season.

I don't know if you can count on the Bears being good this year. I'm an Indy fan and I remember them just destroying the Bears. Even if the Bears improve as much as you guys think they're no threat come playoff time.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
I don't know if you can count on the Bears being good this year. I'm an Indy fan and I remember them just destroying the Bears. Even if the Bears improve as much as you guys think they're no threat come playoff time.

It must be great living in Iowa. you can pick and choose which midwest teams you like. Hmmm colts, sox, :gosox1:

We have what it takes to be a Top 5 defensive team in the NFL. You don't have to be a Bears fan to know that. We're freaking stacked on D, and we have the running game to keep dudes well-rested. We're gonna put some heads to bed this year.

I'm not in NFL mode as of yet, but aren't we looking to acquire an LB this summer? I've read a few things here and there, but I'm probably one of the least qualified people on here to discuss rumors and what not. I've heard some thangs about Derrick Brooks?

Regardless, the defense as is:

DE: Alex Brown, Michael Haynes

DT: Tommie Harris

DT: Tank Johnson, Alfonso Boone

DE: Adewale Ogunleye

LB: Lance Briggs

MLB: Brian Urlacher

LB:

CB: Charles Tillman

FS: Mike Brown

SS: Mike Green, Bobby Gray

CB: Jerry Azumah, Nathan Vasher

I can't f***ing wait. :salivating

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 5, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
We have what it takes to be a Top 5 defensive team in the NFL.  You don't have to be a Bears fan to know that.  We're freaking stacked on D, and we have the running game to keep dudes well-rested.  We're gonna put some heads to bed this year.

I'm not in NFL mode as of yet, but aren't we looking to acquire an LB this summer?  I've read a few things here and there, but I'm probably one of the least qualified people on here to discuss rumors and what not.  I've heard some thangs about Derrick Brooks?

Regardless, the defense as is:

DT: Tank Johnson, Alfonso Boone

LB:

CB: Charles Tillman

FS: Mike Brown

I can't f***ing wait. :salivating

derrick brooks?! :o you must be kidding?

DT: Tank Johnson, Alfonso Boone ( This spot is below avg )

LB: (insert derrick brooks here) :pray

CB: Charles Tillman ( Will come back from avg year last year, will be solid)

FS: Mike Brown( hope he recovers, biggest heart on the team)

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 5, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
It must be great living in Iowa. you can pick and choose which midwest teams you like.  Hmmm colts,  sox,      :gosox1:

For some reason I gear towards Indy for NBA and NFL. The Sox and the Stros and Dodgers in MLB and in the rare instances I care about the NHL, the Dallas Stars.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 6, 2005 -> 04:12 AM)
derrick brooks?!  :o      you must be kidding?   

I know, it sounds too good to be true. It probably is.

We're gonna need to bring in another LB, though. Derrick has a great relationship with both Lovie and Angelo, and the Bucs wanna get rid of him, so the speculation makes sense.