Who will have a better record?

Which team will finish with a better record?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will finish with a better record?

• Cleveland
    • Chicago

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 5, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
I know, it sounds too good to be true.  It probably is.

We're gonna need to bring in another LB, though.  Derrick has a great relationship with both Lovie and Angelo, and the Bucs wanna get rid of him, so the speculation makes sense.

Thank God they are not in our division any longer, other wise they would probably block any posibility of us trying to get him.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard rumors of us getting Anthony Simmons too, so who knows but we definitely need someone there.

and as for Indy blowing us out? Well it shouldnt be hard since what Ogunleye hurt, Urlacher hurt, Brown hurt, Tillman hurt.... those guys are all big parts of our offense and Urlacher usually dominates the run game.

And dont forget we had Krenzel at QB that game and Thomas Jones making his 1st start after missing 3.... Like has been said b4 even though injured our defense was one of the best in the league last year and now when healthy it should be even better. And our offense has been upgraded significantly and we wont be seeing any Krenzel or Quinn starts this year :puke .

7-9 wins are my prediction

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 5, 2005 -> 07:34 PM)
Seriously too. It's not even a question. Even if the Bears underperform, the only team that is a complete team is Minny. GB is in shambles. Detroit has no type of defense.

GB is not looking good, I will say that. But they have Favre, and while he is good for the 2 passes a game where he just chucks one up to the secondary, he leads his troops to battle like no other.

And while Detroit's defense is not good, they do have the foundation of a decent defense up there, and that offense will be quite good this year, regardless of who starts at QB, and it could be explosive. A decent OLine, a good RB in Jones and 3 stud wideouts

And Minnesota will likely be one of the favorites going into the 05 season to win the NFC.

I would agree that the AFC North is better than the NFC North, but it is not tons better by any stretch of the imagination.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ May 6, 2005 -> 05:39 AM)
And Minnesota will likely be one of the favorites going into the 05 season to win the NFC. 

I've been hearing that a lot, but the NFL (as opposed to the three other major sports) is crazy in that it takes guys until like mid-season to gel. There are various reasons, most notably the fact that there is only one game per week, but also the insane amount of roster turnover from year to year. The Vikings got a s***load of new guys, especially on defense. There are a ton of question marks. You have to kinda wait and see. I'm not ready to call them a lock for division winner, and I ain't a Bears homer either. I'll give credit where it's due.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 5, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
I've been hearing that a lot, but the NFL (as opposed to the three other major sports) is crazy in that it takes guys until like mid-season to gel.  There are various reasons, most notably the fact that there is only one game per week, but also the insane amount of roster turnover from year to year.  The Vikings got a s***load of new guys, especially on defense.  There are a ton of question marks. You have to kinda wait and see.  I'm not ready to call them a lock for division winner, and I ain't a Bears homer either.  I'll give credit where it's due.

I agree with you, This bear d for the most part knows each other and is a year older. Im definatley stoked about the D. What is said about the Vikes D and gelling can be said about our O though.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 5, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
Who cares?

And is the best runner since Neal Anderson supposed to be a good thing? I'm serious, I barely remember the guy.

Neal Anderson was the s*** on Tecmo Superbowl... I would pick the Bears just to use him, he was awesome

Name a wrose tema for Braylon Edwards to have gone to? I can't not Arizona, as Boldin was great there his rookie year. I mean, it's terrible weather, you play elite defenses in the division and conference, you don't have a QB that's better than average and you will be on a team that likely runs the ball a lot. Can't get much worse there.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 5, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
Ok I'm definitely going to remember this. At least I can take comfort in knowing the Cowboys will have a better record than the Bears.  :P

Don't hold your breath on that one Andrew....Cowboys are way overrated, too many people act as if they made so many great moves. Parcell = OVER THE HILL.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2005 -> 06:43 PM)
Don't hold your breath on that one Andrew....Cowboys are way overrated, too many people act as if they made so many great moves.  Parcell = OVER THE HILL.

I think not. Cowboys are back this year. They addressed their needs through the draft and FA. Parcells still got it. He'll show you guys that this year.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
I think not. Cowboys are back this year. They addressed their needs through the draft and FA. Parcells still got it. He'll show you guys that this year.

Lets see how Bledsoe does first lol, you guys wasted last year in not giving Henson any starts favoring Vinny :puke.... I have a feeling if Bledsoe starts the season off a slow we will see Henson sooner rather than later this year, and a course there will be a learning curve.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 5, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
I've been hearing that a lot, but the NFL (as opposed to the three other major sports) is crazy in that it takes guys until like mid-season to gel.  There are various reasons, most notably the fact that there is only one game per week, but also the insane amount of roster turnover from year to year.  The Vikings got a s***load of new guys, especially on defense.  There are a ton of question marks. You have to kinda wait and see.  I'm not ready to call them a lock for division winner, and I ain't a Bears homer either.  I'll give credit where it's due.

I would agree with that, but you do have to like what they have done, no matter what.

I think a good example of that would be my Bills. Started the year off 0-4, and then went 9-3 in the next 12 weeks.

What will be interesting to watch is that the Vikings, under Tice the past 2 years, have gotten off to very, very hot starts, and then have cooled off considerably down the stretch.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
Lets see how Bledsoe does first lol, you guys wasted last year in not giving Henson any starts favoring Vinny  :puke.... I have a feeling if Bledsoe starts the season off a slow we will see Henson sooner rather than later this year, and a course there will be a learning curve.

Realistically Bledsoe's on a 2 year deal, with a high cap charge in his 3rd year, so they'll just release him after 2 years. And yes Drew could be over the hill. But Dallas's O-Line will be better than Buffalo's O-Line from last season, Parcells has coached him before so he'll know his strengths, and Bledsoe won a lot of games when Buffalo had a running game going, and with Julius Jones, Barber and the A-Train around, that won't be a problem for the Cowboys.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
Don't hold your breath on that one Andrew....Cowboys are way overrated, too many people act as if they made so many great moves.  Parcell = OVER THE HILL.

You don't think signing Jason Ferguson, Anthony Henry and Marco Rivera were the right moves? Better than what the Bears did this off-season I would have thought, including the NFL Draft as well.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 7, 2005 -> 10:24 AM)
You don't think signing Jason Ferguson, Anthony Henry and Marco Rivera were the right moves? Better than what the Bears did this off-season I would have thought, including the NFL Draft as well.

Ferguson was a big move, the other 2 arent really anything special, but like for us Muhsin was a big move and the other 2 arent really special... but in both cases they filled our needs.

Also, At least during the draft they kept saying how Dallas is going towards the 3-4 defense... well I always thought you used 1 DT and 2 DE in the front.... now they have 2 DT that need to start, so thats a bit odd.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 8, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)
Ferguson was a big move, the other 2 arent really anything special, but like for us Muhsin was a big move and the other 2 arent really special... but in both cases they filled our needs.

Also,  At least during the draft they kept saying how Dallas is going towards the 3-4 defense... well I always thought you used 1 DT and 2 DE in the front.... now they have 2 DT that need to start, so thats a bit odd.

Anthony Henry will be our new starting CB. did you see who played opposite Terence Newman for us last season? Lance Frazier, Jacque Reeves. He's only 28, can stop the run, is a big physical corner, and with Dallas getting Cleveland's secondary coach as well, Henry will be a real good signing.

Marco Rivera is a top 5 starting RG in this league. Andre Gurode is not a starting G is this league. Now Dallas can run the ball both ways instead of just the left side behind Flozell "The Hotel" Adams and Larry Allen.

Henry and Rivera easily >>>>>> Miller and Garza.

And on the DT issue. LeRoi Glover can line up as a DE if we need to in the 3-4 now, but we won't be using 3-4 all the time. Put a big dominant NT besides Glover in a 4-3, and Gloer will get you sacks. That is a given. Spears will be automatically better than Wiley, well because Wiley was almost the worst DE in the league last season (why Jacksonville signed him I do not know). Ware will be the pass rushing LB ALA Willie McGinest.

Dallas's D-Line right now; Greg Ellis, Marcus Spears, Jason Ferguson, LeRoi Glover, Chris Canty. Looks pretty damn good to me.

If the defense can stay relatively healthy, I think this can be a 10 win team. I dismiss last years injury to Grossman as a fluke. All we need is the offense to give us 21 ppg. That's it. I think with Grossman for the full year, combined with the other additions made to the offense, it can be done.