AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
You know, people b**** about the Sox's OBP, and how they don't take enough walks.  They win a game thanks to two walks, and now they b**** that we're getting lucky.  The next game we win by 6-7 runs and hit 3 homers, they'll b**** that we're reverting back to the boom-or-bust offense again.  Point is, it doesn't matter how you win, as long as you win.  You can over-analyze for hours how wins are cheap, or fluky, or whatever.

I don't care how we win, I only want to see it continue. We eeked out some wins against one of the worst teams in baseball. But we're coming up against the O's, who can HIT. If we can win the same way against them, fine. But I think we're much more likely to win if we can score a few more.

Edit: I've complained about the Sox obp and walks before, but not lately, b/c I haven't noticed it being as big a problem recently. And checking the stats, it has been better. I don't know if you mean those complaints, but it's not right to bring up complaints from when we really did suck in those areas and act like they're still being made. Just saying, I haven't heard that much recently...

Edited by jackie hayes

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:34 PM)
I don't care how we win, I only want to see it continue.  We eeked out some wins against one of the worst teams in baseball.  But we're coming up against the O's, who can HIT.  If we can win the same way against them, fine.  But I think we're much more likely to win if we can score a few more.

This team is loose and having fun, the offense will come, book it.

I really understand and appreciate what Ozzie did with Shingo today by leaving him in. Ozzie was thinking long term. We'd already won the series, if he blew it, he blew it. But Shingo NEEDED that confidence builder, even if he was shaky and even if KC sux. Look at it this way, if Shingo can't handle KC, when the hell would be a good time to use him? Love that way he battled and came back on em.

Good job Oz!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
This team is loose and having fun, the offense will come, book it.

I really understand and appreciate what Ozzie did with Shingo today by leaving him in.  Ozzie was thinking long term. We'd already won the series, if he blew it, he blew it.  But Shingo NEEDED that confidence builder, even if he was shaky and even if KC sux. Look at it this way, if Shingo can't handle KC, when the hell would be a good time to use him? Love that way he battled and came back on em. 

Good job Oz!

I've said many times that the offense WILL get better, and I still believe that. But the sooner the better, that's all I mean. It's a reasonable concern to hold right now.

I couldnt care less how we win a game as long as we win that game. How many times over the years have we watched games we should of won that slipped through our fingers. Ozzie might be a lot of things, but man does this guy have his team and his fans believing. They look like crap the entire game from the batters side, get some walks and get the pitcher a bit unglued. Great.

Contreras Who the hell stole this guys body and started pitching with confidence.

Shingo Everytime he comes in it scares the crap out of me. Its getting Koch like. He is getting the job done, but its not like last year.

Our hitters, stop pulling every single pitch and lifting it. Remember if the pitch is outside hit it up the middle or to right. If the pitch is inside pull it. But dont pull every single pitch no matter where its thrown.

SOX PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox4: :gosox1:

Now lets go up and kick some Canuck Ass :lolhitting :whip

I had absolutely no idea that the White Sox were playing this afternoon till I tuned into CSN like at 2:40.

I was shocked to see Contreras with such a strong performance. Definitely deserved the win. Our offense... that’s a different story.

More of this please...

capt.cxs10505040256.royals_white_sox_cxs105.jpg

"Chicago White Sox closer Shingo Takatsu, right, is all smiles as he celebrates with teammate A.J. Pierzynski, left, after getting the save in the White Sox's 5-4 win over the Kansas City Royals Tuesday, May 3, 2005 in Chicago."

QUOTE(rudylaw @ May 6, 2005 -> 02:55 AM)
If you look at an entire 162 game season you figure you get lucky and win 5 to 10 games that you have no business winning.  This was one of them.  I think that this is the difference from years past.  Last year this would have been a loss.  But with are staff dealing the way they are we have a chance to win a few stupid games like this this year.

I Love it!!!!! :gosox1:

nah, its not like our last years team was bad, especially at the begining of the season when healthy they probably would of swept the royals too.

QUOTE(Bighurt52235 @ May 5, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
I've been wondering.   

What exactly does pwn3d mean (I know it means "owned", but what's the difference) and how did it start?

Every time I read that word I :puke

1. An act of dominating an opponent.

2. Great, ingenious; applied to methods and objects.

Originally dates back to the days of WarCraft, when a map designer mispelled "Own" as "Pwn". What was originally supose to be "player has been owned." was "player has been pwned".

Pwn eventually grew from there and is now used throughout the online world, especially in online games.

1. "I pwn these guys on battlenet"

2. "This strategy pwns!" or "This game pwn."

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 5, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
1. An act of dominating an opponent.

2. Great, ingenious; applied to methods and objects.

Originally dates back to the days of WarCraft, when a map designer mispelled "Own" as "Pwn". What was originally supose to be "player has been owned." was "player has been pwned".

Pwn eventually grew from there and is now used throughout the online world, especially in online games.

1. "I pwn these guys on battlenet"

2. "This strategy pwns!" or "This game pwn."

Thank you for explaining... Internet slang is still a turn-off to me. But at least it makes sense now.

I did not know that "pwned" originates back to a nerd who couldn't spell a 3 letter word. For that to become common usage for net slang is unbelievable in it's own right.

Somehow I don't think it fits baseball slang or sports slang which I think should be the dominant theme at this sight.

Seeing that we are 6-0 vs the Roys would it not have been better to say

"Hey Roys! Who's your Daddy?"